DiecastXchange Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
'Marlboro' Stratos and Fina Lancia Toyota Celica ST165 seem to be available now;
http://www.modelissimo.de/Modellautos/Triple-9/1800175/No-2-Sieger-Rally-Sanremo-Lancia-Stratos-Triple-9-1800175.php
http://www.modelissimo.de/Modellautos/Triple-9/1800200/No-15-Rally-Tour-de-Corse-Toyota-Celica-Triple-9-1800200.php
€50 each (before any discount) seems like a good price, although they are sealed.
They look accurate though, the Stratos represents a very early car, and is correctly missing some of the 'jewellery' of the later cars.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I remember the Marlboro Stratos by Kyosho had some little errors.
I will find that thread to check if this one is better.

Thanks for info.

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
I remember the Marlboro Stratos by Kyosho had some little errors.
I will find that thread to check if this one is better.

Thanks for info.
The shape of the top of the doors is wrong, if these store images are correct.
They point upwards towards the windscreen - while they should be level along the whole door top.
This makes the windscreen too narrow and the 'A' pillars too thick.
A good subject selection, but could have been a better attempt.
Triple 9 have produced some nice stuff for the price, and I notice no other store is showing them yet.
Perhaps these images are a prototype....
It reminds me of the recent Solido in the faults, which is curious since the earlier Solido version was more accurate - with an opening engine cover.
I looked at a Kyosho some years ago, but I wasn't happy with the way the nose was shaped.
Despite it's faults, the Sun Star is still decent for the price.

·
Administrator
34,162 Posts
My Lancer finally showed up, what a disappointment!! I knew that it wasn't going to be a great model, but it just looks so cheap!!! The Black on it's not even painted, it's just a decal sheet layed over the Red body

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
I received my Gauloises 205 turbo today, and it is pretty much what I expected.
Except for p/e front intercooler cover and wheelarch intakes.....
I feel I need to do something about the exhaust pipe though.
It's way too large compared to the original.
It would embarrass even a skanger banger driver.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Has anybody heard whether Triple9 will be producing a 1:18 scale 2019 Mazda MX-5 in the 30th Anniversary "Racing Orange" colour? I've heard rumours but nothing concrete.

I've got a 1:18 of my former 2016 Mazda MX-5 in Crystal White Pearl but would love another to match my 2019 30th Anniversary car, to go alongside the 1:64 Kyosho and 1:43 Hi-Story versions.

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Has anybody heard whether Triple9 will be producing a 1:18 scale 2019 Mazda MX-5 in the 30th Anniversary "Racing Orange" colour? I've heard rumours but nothing concrete.

I've got a 1:18 of my former 2016 Mazda MX-5 in Crystal White Pearl but would love another to match my 2019 30th Anniversary car, to go alongside the 1:64 Kyosho and 1:43 Hi-Story versions.
Aren't Triple 9 a subsidiary of Tom's Holland/The Diecast company?
https://www.diecastcompany.nl/

·
Administrator
34,162 Posts
The Police ones sound cool. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of those.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts