DiecastXchange Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
34,990 Posts
2016 Model of the Year - Exotic/Sport Car - BUDGET. This is for models which cost under $100 / €100 and for prices that the dealership would charge, not what a re-seller charges.

The rules:
§ Each model must match the category it is entered. It is not my responsibility or the mods to figure that out for you.​
§ Every nomination will be accompanied by one (1) non-copyrighted image of the model. Pictures from manufacturers are OK, but not retailers/outside seller/outside sites. You your own pictures or another members if they are OK with that​
§ Maximum picture size will be 1024 X 768​
§ Each model must be released in the year 2016..........not December 30th 2015 or on its way to retailers on the 31st of December 2015. It must be released and available to the public within the 2016 year.​
§ Only original releases allowed. This means no repaints, re-releases, upgraded, or any other modification. Spoilers and stripes do not make it a new model​
§ There will be a budget Classes and high-end Classes nomination thread for each; this is for the retail price, not a special deal you got through a seller or manufacturer, don't try and sneak a CMC Maserati in the budget category​
§ Each category must have at least five (5) nominations or I will start a voting thread.​
§ Any nominations that does not follow the previously mentioned rules will not partake in the voting​
The most important rule
§ Enjoy and please participate. This is what will make this event a lot of fun. And keep all discussion about the models, not tastes. We all have our favorites marques, but this is about the best model, not car.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
My nomination is the Bburago Signature Ferrari 488 GTB, for me it is an excellent model for the money and one of my favourite purchases from 2016.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I nominate the Premium Classixxs 1/12 Resin and sealed Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 Stradale,what a Beautiful model it is,IMO one of the best looking cars in the world.
I agree it's a beautiful model Darren, but is it under $100/100EUR?

I'm not going to bother posting photos, as others already have done, but I also nominate the Kyosho Aventador SV and Bburago Sig 488GTB. I haven't pulled the trigger on the SV yet, but all the pics I've seen here and elsewhere show it to be an awesome model for the price and I'm really really happy with my grey 488GTB!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Norev's 1/18 Porsche 911 993 Vert, £40 is a very good price for these.

·
Super Moderator
12,869 Posts
I nominate the Premium Classixxs 1/12 Resin and sealed Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 Stradale,what a Beautiful model it is,IMO one of the best looking cars in the world.
Hi Darren, I'm going to relocate this GORGEOUS model in the 1/12th & Larger scale section..In that section, you won't have to worry about prices..CHEERS!!

·
Super Moderator
12,869 Posts
Schuco Porsche 911 (991) Carrea GTS. it cost just under 100€ at release time.
This one is a toughy, because the dealers had this red coupe & the white cabrio initially listed at 99 euros for about a week, then they both shot up to 119 euros..but Schuco has them listed on their site for 139 or 149 Euros???
Alex, as I have added all three of the 991s to the non-budget list based on Schuco's & dealer pricing, it might be confusing to have this one on both lists..So, hopefully, you won't mind that it'll be left on the non-budget list for now, but I have temporarily added it to the budget list tally as well for now.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I would not add that Schuco to a budget list, When you think budget, You think £50 - 60 ish max.

·
Super Moderator
12,869 Posts
No problem guys, I have put all of the models in the correct fields
..I just want everybody here on DX to nominate & vote so that we can have a broad choice to choose from
If any of you can think of new models that haven't been mentioned, please add them, with photos & scale of course..it makes it a lot easier for me to show photos of the models for voting so that everyone knows which models they are voting for

·
Super Moderator
12,869 Posts
Hi David
Since i don´t have a photo that small,i wonder if it is ok to use a link from Photobucket instead?
As long as I can copy & paste it when I'm making the list to show which models are being voted for

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Yes to the Maisto Ford GT and Bburago Chiron. The Schuco models don't count as budget. Even at my discounted price I get, it was still north of $100 USD.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.