Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,830 Posts
2017 Model of the Year - Worst/Most Disappointing Model Company of the Year

The rules:
  • Each model must match the category it is entered. It is not my responsibility or the mods to figure that out for you.
  • Every nomination will be accompanied by one (1) non-copyrighted image of the model. Pictures from manufacturers are OK, but not retailers/outside seller/outside sites. You your own pictures or another members if they are OK with that
  • Maximum picture size will be 1024 X 768
  • Each model must be released in the year 2017..........not December 30th 2016 or on its way to retailers on the 31st of December 2017. It must be released and available to the public within the 2017 year.
  • Only original releases allowed. This means no repaints, re-releases, upgraded, or any other modification. Spoilers and stripes do not make it a new model
  • There will be a budget Classes and high-end Classes nomination thread for each; this is for the retail price, not a special deal you got through a seller or manufacturer, don't try and sneak a CMC Maserati in the budget category
  • Each category must have at least five (5) nominations or I will start a voting thread.
  • Any nominations that does not follow the previously mentioned rules will not partake in the voting
The most important rule
  • Enjoy and please participate. This is what will make this event a lot of fun. And keep all discussion about the maker, not tastes. We all have our favorite marques, but this is about the worst / most disappointing model maker of the year.
Thank you all for reading & hopefully this year we can beat last years participation

·
Administrator
34,726 Posts
I'm nominating GT Spirit, I'm sure you all saw that I had to wait over three months for a replacement model, so that's why.

Also, I'm not the only one who has seen their QC drop off as they continue to stretch themselves by offering an increased number of models per month.

Lastly, their models never arrived on time, sometimes they're be six weeks late.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I nominate TSM for almost failing to release any model they anouce.
For example its almost 2 years that tsm should have released the Lark,Gulf& Fina mclaren f1 gtr.
I think they have abadoned their metal diecast campagn and went for resign which is not a problem.
however tsm has a abnormal retail price for their resign models which quality wise is not better or worse than Spark's models.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Then let me nominate Minichamps.
Worst company ever!! No innovation and effort put into making better quality models... lack of mesh, horrific dog legs, 2 out of 4 opening doors, and lately they've gone from bad to worse by offering a shit load of sealed die cast crap.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Minichamps.

As much as I don't like AutoArt and their business tactics, they at least deliver half-decent models. Meanwhile Minichamps re-releases models that were previously fully opening with great details, but without opening parts, features or details. Even their new opening stuff is way worse than they used to be....

Cases in point: Porsche 959, Porsche 917 Pink Pig, BMW 3.0 CSL, Audi Quattro, Porsche 911 Turbo 930, Ford Focus ST...

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Hard one this.....
  1. GT Spirit because of their very steady decline on the QC front
  2. Minichamps because I honestly don't think they've produced more than 2 or 3 models of interest - who the heck wants a bright orange Audi Q7????
  3. TSM - can't remember seeing much new stuff from them despite their announcements.....although Top Speed has been the complete opposite on that front!
  4. AUTOart purely because of their high prices in the new supposedly cheaper composite world - I have no qualms with the composite models themselves, however!
Out of all these, GT Spirit gets my vote, because I've personally had to send back about 90% of their models I've purchased due to the shoddy QC.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I think this was really bad year for our hobby. In the past there was tons of models that were suggested as models of the year, here and there manufacturers were trying to do something good, but this year. . . It is really sad. I am looking at this thread and it seems like this one and one for the best manufacturers are the most visited and most debated threads. Very few nominations for models, even less for the best manufacturers, and hell a lot compliments. . . Man, this is really bad. . . It took me some time to deicide who should get my vote for being the worst manufacturer and I have decided. I will wait for few minutes before voting will be over and I will vote for who ever has less votes between AUTOart and PMA. I think they both did really bad, and it would be only fair if they both share the title, or at least to be in close race. . .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.