DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 506 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Hi guys, recently I became aware of the following rumors w.r.t. CMC's plans for 2018:

-Jaguar Type C, 1952 (XK120 C)
-Ferrari 275 GTB/C, 1966
-Mercedes-Benz 600 (W100) Pullman-Limousine (6-door) 1960s/1970s

Did anyone catch up similar expectations? We will have to wait for the Nuremberg Toy Fare to get official information , I'm afraid...

Really would love to see a W100 from CMC - crazy what prices are being quoted for the AUTOart MB600!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I dread to think what the Mercedes 600 Pullman might cost, but it could (will?) be incredible!

The XK120C sounds interesting too.

M

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
If CMC makes W100 I recon that car will be sold out way before it even gets to the sellers. If AUTOart goes for $800, and they sell it for $600, everyone will buy it. In particular if they do Landaulet as well. . . I'm buying hem all for sure.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Ferrari 275 for me, easy! I am genuinely excited by this news! I hope it can be proved soon!

Would be great if they did a non wire wheel version just to be different!
I just hope they get the shape right, it's quirky enough to get completely wrong like they did with the Aston Martin Zagato!

·
Super Moderator
5,629 Posts
I wrote on here and also wrote to them that they should make the XK120 (or 140 or 150) I personally would prefer that over the C-Type racecar, but they're long overdue to make any Jaguar.

The 275 GTB would be such good news, no other Ferrari (F50 maybe) is so desperate for a high-quality opening diecast, can't wait for that!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Ferrari 275 for me, easy! I am genuinely excited by this news! I hope it can be proved soon!

Would be great if they did a non wire wheel version just to be different!
I just hope they get the shape right, it's quirky enough to get completely wrong like they did with the Aston Martin Zagato!

Very true!
Let's keep fingers crossed that CMC gets it right whatever their next model will be...
By the way: I'd love to see the W100 in a SWB version!

·
Administrator
33,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nah, if they do a W100, it HAS to be the LWB Pullman!!!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
It would be really nice if they did the 275, but they did lose the Ferrari licence so I'm a little skeptical about them going into Ferraris again.
If they do go for the 600 LWB, expect a nice "upgrade" on the price...

I wrote on here and also wrote to them that they should make the XK120 (or 140 or 150) I personally would prefer that over the C-Type racecar, but they're long overdue to make any Jaguar.

The 275 GTB would be such good news, no other Ferrari (F50 maybe) is so desperate for a high-quality opening diecast, can't wait for that!
I agree, the old Jags do deserve to have CMC versions, I've also been waiting for that.
Before an F50 comes along, I think many of us would prefer to see a 288 GTO ;)

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
+1 to all of that. The world needs a decent 1/18 XK120/40/50 - well, I need a decent one at any rate! As for the C-Type, the AUTOart version may not be perfect, but anyone who wanted one badly enough to consider a CMC will likely already have one of those. I certainly wouldn't replace it with a model that will be at least four times the price, all the AUTOart really needs is some minor upgrades.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Nah, if they do a W100, it HAS to be the LWB Pullman!!!
I'm not at all a fan of stretchlimos, although admittedly the Pullmann is quite impressive.
In my eyes the SWB has perfect proportions and very well represents the elegance of the sixties in the best sense.

Conclusion: CMC please do BOTH!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
man i would love to see a 275 GTB/4 but i'm skeptical that CMC will do another Ferrari so soon after having just done the GTO. i would love to see something like an a6gcs or a db4, i'm just tired of the trucks and re-issues of older models.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I will like the 600 SWB! That car is so perfect in every line! And just imagine that engine and the interior if it is ever going to happen! 🤤

1 - 20 of 506 Posts