DiecastXchange Forum banner
461 - 480 of 506 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I am not impressed with CMC's obvious ploy to use these special editions as a way of shifting what won't sell!

It appeals because of it's rarity, but not the subject! The long nose D50s look nice but these Lancias with the stubby nose, which essentially is what they are, are not pretty!

Bring back the days of those Amelia Island/Techno Classica 250 GTOs. Now they are something special!

·
Registered
174 Posts
The long nose D50s look nice but these Lancias with the stubby nose, which essentially is what they are, are not pretty!
Good thing that's quite subjective, as I love the short nose models, and can't wait to get my D50 gift set. They're still historically very significant imo, so I feel like they're a must have for a CMC collection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I post rarely here but can we just talk about Cmc models and their évolution.
I started my collection ten years ago and i have around 25 CMC.
I just want to see if someone have the same opinion about me but Cmc is getting really bad (not in terms of quality of models but with customer) :

-almost no models release, remember ten years ago (250 California, 300 slr coupe, 250 testa rossa, etc....) no i think It's almost since Jaguar Type C in 2019 that a real novelties didnt come, Covid-19 changed yes, but other manufacturer make many novelties now.

-Spare parts, usually they were the best about it, but since that look like they stop doing it..
In April, i bought a CMC Ferrari D50 Fangio and the leather box had some defaults, this is a standard box but no nothing in stock (i dont think there is 0 leather box in Headquarters....)

-QC not really good, many cars has defaults.

-yesterday, big thing again with the Lancia D50 spécial édition, 50 pcs, ok good. But some People had ordered some cars and had their order cancelled.
And they doing it only for selling the old stock in fact because It's already a référence existing.

-Last one, in their website, they said that Aston DB4 Le Mans version will be available soon, but how It's possible whereas it was a limited édition released in 2015 with about 2000 pièces ?????

Here my opinion about this brand which disapointed more and more, only business look like now for them and not passion...

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I just want to see if someone have the same opinion about me but Cmc is getting really bad (not in terms of quality of models but with customer) :

-almost no models release, remember ten years ago (250 California, 300 slr coupe, 250 testa rossa, etc....) no i think It's almost since Jaguar Type C in 2019 that a real novelties didnt come, Covid-19 changed yes, but other manufacturer make many novelties now.

-Spare parts, usually they were the best about it, but since that look like they stop doing it..
In April, i bought a CMC Ferrari D50 Fangio and the leather box had some defaults, this is a standard box but no nothing in stock (i dont think there is 0 leather box in Headquarters....)

-yesterday, big thing again with the Lancia D50 spécial édition, 50 pcs, ok good. But some People had ordered some cars and had their order cancelled.
And they doing it only for selling the old stock in fact because It's already a référence existing.

-Last one, in their website, they said that Aston DB4 Le Mans version will be available soon, but how It's possible whereas it was a limited édition released in 2015 with about 2000 pièces ?????

Here my opinion about this brand which disapointed more and more, only business look like now for them and not passion...
- Everything is relative. I don't think CMC is getting really bad in customer service.
- They released various Pullman models and the Black prince since 2019. The Ferrari 275 is coming in Q4 2021 / Q1 2022. So pace wise not so much different from 10 years ago imo.
- Their main production and storage site is in China. I assume you are talking about their HQ in Europe? Getting a box is not an easy thing. In fact, it's not easy to get a box from any manufacturer.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I managed to get a replacement white box for my 1/12th scale Otto Fiat 131`rally car.
It's the wrong size, being suitable only for a 1/18th scale.....

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
A Dealer requested a replacement box be sent to me from CMC after I bought a 250 GTO and it came with a damaged box and missing information card.

They sent both really quickly, but the box wasn't for a 250 GTO and the polystyrene inners soon split it's sides. The information card was spot on though.
I have to live with the slight biffed leather box now but then when I was thinking of sending it back and didn't, and what it's worth now, I only smile anyway!

·
Registered
215 Posts

The one thing I agree with is the lowering of quality in some recent models. The last one I bought was the Jaguar C type Le Mans winner and it came (sealed in box) with a broken plastic pipe inside the engine bay. The paint quality was also bad with paint chipping at the side vents. And finally the model feels light and the engine bay has many plastic pieces which (compared to older CMC models) should have been metal pieces. In fact, compared to an Autoart D type or later E type I think there is not much difference in the engine bay IMHO. I will buy the black prince but if I see this trend of lowering quality I will just restrict my buying of CMC models in the future (I have 31 CMC models in my collection).

·
Registered
22 Posts
For my part, while I was very fond of CMC (I have owned about thirty models), this brand has deeply disappointed me. A considerable number of models report paint eruptions over time. Moreover, since the Alfa Romeo 6C 1750 GS (for about five or six years, therefore), I find that the build quality has become very uncertain. These common problems ruin everything, on models of this level, I think. In view of the asking prices, I have completely turned away from this brand in which I no longer trust at all.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Received today.

My photos (taken with my phone) are not doing it justice, nor my photographic skills, and we can debate about the price; but I must say the natural looking 'patina' / 'race-weathered look' is really outstanding:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive design Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Toy

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive design

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive design

Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Automotive design

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Tread

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Car

·
Registered
326 Posts
Do you know what i think?
I recently had my first Autoart composite model on my hands, until recently I was reluctant to buy one, now seeing these panel lines so coarse makes me look old the model, or anyway they should do like keng fai or almost real which have closures with a tighter tolerance.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Do you know what i think?
I recently had my first Autoart composite model on my hands, until recently I was reluctant to buy one, now seeing these panel lines so coarse makes me look old the model, or anyway they should do like keng fai or almost real which have closures with a tighter tolerance.
ehh, even for a prototype model in development I don't think the panel gaps are very bad.
Anyway, I have learned my lessons from how fast the value of the previous Ferrari models (in particular the California, 312P and the GTO) has appreciated.

·
Testa Rossa
328 Posts
I have around 7 CMC models out of which 3 have developed paint issues i think rashes mainly in the silver models like the 300 SLR, streamliner W196R & also the Bugatti Atlantic which is blue but still has paint issues. For the price being charged i feel that they could do a much better paint job.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I kill myself to say it. This is a major problem at CMC. I hope this is corrected on the SSK Trossi and the future Ferrari 275, but I remain very skeptical.

PS : my old red Ferraris and Alfas, or my old green Aston DB4 also had this problem. It is not a problem of color, but of quality.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I have 25 CMC and I am not seeing any major paint rash issue - except a tiny tiny bit on the 300SLR and W196R hood (both silver models). Not saying it didn’t happen but I would like to hear about several other members that own a large collection of CMCs before we can consider the paint issue to be statistically confirmed.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I have over 200 different pristine CMC models and have no major paint rash issues except for a few older , well-known models with collectors:
M-029 Mercedes Benz 300SL Le Mans #21
M-041 Mercedes Benz 196 #10 open wheeler
M-042 Mercedes Benz 196 #12 open wheeler
All 3 are models that were released before 2004 and thus 17 years or older but still those stubborn rumors about quality issues with the CMC products persist and keep appearing in forums.
Questions are if those people bought their models from new or got them from evilbay ; what was really done to the models in polishing and ruining the paint layers before people start pointing the finger towards CMC???
Those that have issues with their models, I'll buy them for a small price and will gladly ruin them even more by dismantling them and make explosion images though

M-084-11

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Have had more than 30 CMCs over the years and most of them are still part of my little collection.

Only 3 models started to develop mild paint rash issues over the years - interestingly all 3 with dark coloured liveries:
M-067 Porsche 901 Baliblau (Porsche museum edition)
M-106 Bugatti 57SC Corsica Roadster
M-107 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Speciale Touring Coupé

BTW: All 3 have been bought mint from official CMC dealers.

Have some red CMC Ferraris too and fortunately they are all OK. :cool:

Overall my personal impression is that CMC is way safer w.r.t. paint issues than Exoto:
All my Exotos got paint problems sooner or later (except one). 🤬

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok, for completeness, I am sharing my specific experience of owned models and their origins.

• Alfa Romeo 6C 1750 GS M-138 new from a web reseller : paint rash on both doors.
  • Alfa Romeo 8C 2900 B M-107 second hand from eBay : paint rash around the windshield and on the rear hood.
  • Aston Martin DB4 GTZ M-132 new from a web reseller : blisters on the front hood.
  • Aston Martin DB4 GTZ Le Mans M-139 new from CMC Modelcar shop : paint rash on the front hood.
  • Aston Martin DB4 GTZ M-146 new from CMC Modelcar shop : paint rash on the front hood.
  • Aston Martin DB4 GTZ M-140 new from a web retailer : paint rash on the front hood.
  • Bugatti Type 35 Grand Prix M-063 second hand from eBay : no problem.
  • Bugatti Type 57 SC Atlantic M-083 second hand from eBay : Blisters on the rear hood and paint rash on the roof.
  • Bugatti Type 57 SC Atlantic M-085 new from a web retailer : paint rash on the rear hood.
  • Bugatti Type 57 SC Corsica Roadster M-106 second hand from eBay : no problem.
  • Ferrari 250 GT SWB M-046 second hand : no problem.
  • Ferrari 500F2 M-056 second hand : no problem.
  • Ferrari 250 GT SWB M-054 second hand from eBay : no problem.
  • Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa M-071 second hand from eBay : paint rash on the front and the rear hoods.
  • Ferrari 156F1 M-078 second hand : no problem.
  • Ferrari 250 GT Spider California M-093 second hand from eBay : paint rash on the front hood.
  • Ferrari 312P Berlinetta M-096 second hand from eBay : no problem.
  • Ferrari 250 GTO M-154 new from a web retailer : no problem.
  • Maserati Tipo 61 Birdcage M-047 second hand from eBay : no problem.
  • Maserati 250F M-051 second hand from eBay : paint rash on the nose.
  • Maserati 300S M-105 second hand from eBay : paint rash on the nose.
  • Mercedes W169R Streamliner M-044 second hand from eBay : no problem.
  • Mercedes Targa Florio M-048 second hand : no problem.
  • MercedesW169R Streamliner M-044 second hand from eBay : no problem. : no problem.
  • Mercedes SSKL Mille Miglia M-055second hand from eBay : no problem.
  • Mercedes 300 SLR Mille Miglia M-066 new from a web retailer : no problem.
  • Mercedes 300 SLR Coupe Uhlenhaut M-076 second hand : paint rash on the front hood.
  • Porsche 901 M-067D second hand from eBay : paint rash on the rear hood.
  • Talbot Lago T150 C-SS Teardrop M-165 new from CMC Modelcar shop : paint rash on both doors.

461 - 480 of 506 Posts