Scale: 1/18
Material: Resin
SRP: US$ 169.00
Delivery: 2018 Feb

·
Administrator
33,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ Is that in conjunction with GT Spirit ?

I'll get that one over the White one GTS have just put out.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
^ Is that in conjunction with GT Spirit ?

I'll get that one over the White one GTS have just put out.
Most probably yes. But with that money you're better off with the Maisto exclusive Centenario. The GTS-Kyosho centenario looks amazingly crap.

·
Administrator
33,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, thanks for the tip.. I don't think I can stomach spending £50 + on a Maisto!

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Ok, thanks for the tip.. I don't think I can stomach spending £50 + on a Maisto!
$169 vs $40.

U get better markings in and out of the model, opening bits incl the spoiler, better detail execution to enjoy, working suspension and extra cash to get another one!

·
Administrator
33,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, they're £53 delivered in the UK, and some sellers are asking around £70

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
I will never pick a Maisto over a Kyosho just on the matter of principle. Why is the GTS-Kyo crap? It looks good to me. The real car is hideous, however, but that's a topic for a different day.
I would never buy a Maisto. But to be fair, GTS just didn't have a good history of making good looking mid engine exotics until the CLK GTR releases recently.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I will never pick a Maisto over a Kyosho just on the matter of principle. Why is the GTS-Kyo crap? It looks good to me. The real car is hideous, however, but that's a topic for a different day.
I would never buy a Maisto. But to be fair, GTS just didn't have a good history of making good looking mid engine exotics until the CLK GTR releases recently.
[/quote]

I can't imagine why, since GTS doesn't make anything with engines in them. For GTS, it's just another outer-shell mold. But I don't doubt what you're saying.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
[/quote]

I can't imagine why, since GTS doesn't make anything with engines in them. For GTS, it's just another outer-shell mold. But I don't doubt what you're saying.
[/quote]

Actually they did make visible engines before, especially those Kyosho branded 1/12 Ferrari and Lamborghini models, the engines are often molded in one single piece only with zero depth.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
That black one is probably the nicest colour to see in it other than the carbon/yellow colour...

I think I have the maisto carbon one for christmas, got it for less than £30 delivered...

But I want this one too

·
Registered
2,826 Posts

·
Registered
2,826 Posts

Kyosho Original Diecast Rolls-Royce Phantom Extended Wheelbase
Metropolitan Blue

Specification:
Material: Diecast
SRP: US$ 187
Delivery: 2018 Jan

1/18 Diecast Model with Functional Feature

Kyosho Original Resin Series Samurai
1/18 Honda NSX Silver
White

Specification:
Material: Resin Model
SRP: US$ 199.50
Delivery: 2018 Jan

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I will never pick a Maisto over a Kyosho just on the matter of principle.
That's a bizarre statement.

Surely, you'd pick any model that offers better value? Or are diecast car buyers as guilty of brand snobbery as much as the real thing?

I guess this is how we've ended up with £350 sealed resin 1:18ths...

If a model offers good quality and features at a better price, who cares what the branding on the box, that's probably gathering dust in your attic anyway, says?

Very, very odd...

·
Administrator
33,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I quite fancy one of those NSX's above!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
What a shame to see a brand like kyosho slowly dying and without anything to show... remember those golden years when they were the second brand of my choice!

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I think 2018 will be the year Kyosho exits the Fully Open Diecast market. From now on it will just be a sealed resin/diecast brick.

1 - 20 of 301 Posts