DiecastXchange Forum banner
521 - 540 of 580 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yes I would very much prefer them to master the basics before focusing on the details.

Despite current market valuations, I continue to find the shape of their 250 GTO and DB4 GTZ a little bit tough on the eyes when I know what the real car looks like.

·
Registered
501 Posts
That yellow shirt woman is the CEO of CMC :)

Live from the CMC Factory : The production of the CMC Mercedes 600 Pullman Landaulet is in full swing. Around Mrs Jia (CMC's CEO), all managers of our manufactory together with the employees ensure the quality control of this sophisticated model car. A special care is always added to satisfy even more our faithful collectors.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
All managers of our manufactory together with the employees ensure the quality control of this sophisticated model car. A special care is always added to satisfy even more our faithful collectors

I feel there is much lost in translation.... :>)

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
The blue pullman Landaulet is released!
I think with the top closed, it looks much better than the picture below.

【图片】既然没有大佬开箱,小弟我就抢个头彩了【汽车模型吧】_百度贴吧

·
Registered
3,633 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
This one seems to be finally coming along! The picture isn't very clear but the red street version and the metallic blue don't have yet alloy wheels (as they are supposed to). I have the #26 and #55 in pre-order.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
This one seems to be finally coming along! The picture isn't very clear but the red street version and the metallic blue don't have yet alloy wheels (as they are supposed to). I have the #26 and #55 in pre-order.
I think the red street version does have alloy wheels in the pictures.

·
Administrator
34,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #531 ·
What show is that ? (are they from a show ?) any pictures from other makers ? If so, please start a thread in the Toy Fair threads as I'd love to see more!!:)

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I think the red street version does have alloy wheels in the pictures.
You’re right. Thanks!

Is that side window frame fitment a joke? They all have it.
They are still prototypes, that’s all.

Rims in full aluminium and not spoked for the red one, what a pity!
Two of the twelve built were sold for street use. Unlike the race cars, these street cars were fitted with alloy wheels shod with Pirelli tires. Competition cars were fitted with special Borrani wire wheels, shod with Dunlop's latest racing tires. It was this combination that would prove to be the weak spot of the 275 GTB/C; the tires had so much grip that they could overstress and break the spokes on the wheels. After the 275 GTB/C, no competition Ferrari would be fitted with wire wheels again.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Glad they got the shape of the headlights spot on. That blue #55 looks quite nice, but I’m still in no regrets for ordering #98 in silver. I’m kind of tempted to get more than one.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Does anyone know the race history of those livery 275s?
Which one is the most famous one, and least famous one.
I know that the red #26 raced in le mans but got dnf.

Thanks.
Here is the complete register of the twelve 275 GTB/C by chassis S/N with their complete history:

Since CMC listed the S/N on their website (quite rare) you can check by yourself. None of these cars has an exceptional racing pedigree except maybe #09051 (CMC M-211 in silver) that was involved in many races and hillclimbs in Italy from 1966 to 1970, with good success. The best choice would have been the Scuderia Filipinetti #09079 that was announced by CMC in the beginning but unfortunately cancelled possibly because of licencing issues.

In the end buy the car/livery you like best.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I just preordered the blue and silver ones. Any idea when these might reach the dealers? I presume we're talking months at the very least?

521 - 540 of 580 Posts