DiecastXchange Forum banner
701 - 720 of 728 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
When I remember how bad my Pullman was in this regard I wouldn't be too optimistic...

We could hope they would learn from their mistake with the Pullman. :cool:
They haven't learned from their mistakes on the Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato, Ferrari 250 GTO, Jaguar C Type, Mercedes W100, obviously, when you see the Ferrari 275 GTB/C. No reason to be optimistic about the future.😒

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
CMC announced two more limited colors (800 pces) for their 275 GTB/C. They do look good but they are two more fantasy colors (for a Competizione). The Midnight metallic looks identical to the Techno-Classica version and even has the exact same reference M-242. Milking that 275 for sure!

Wheel Car Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
174 Posts
CMC announced two more limited colors (800 pces) for their 275 GTB/C. They do look good but they are two more fantasy colors (for a Competizione). The Midnight metallic looks identical to the Techno-Classica version and even has the exact same reference M-242. Milking that 275 for sure!
Feels like I'm getting screwed paying a premium for the Techno Classica edition...

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I think this is a total lack of (self)respect from CMC creating a hype first and then silently disrespect the limitation they imposed THEMSELVES first.
They did it with the GTO announcing 200 Techno Classica models, adding a 100 more as an "Amelia" version back in 2016(?). I think it will be harder to take me for a fool with their empty promises in the future. This is NO business practice. I can't appreciate AT ALL

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I see your point and this behaviour is close to fraud. :mad:

But frankly, the number of limitation is not that important to me personally when I buy a model.
I buy because I like it and because I am convinced of it's quality.
(To me this midnight blue 275 looks just ace. :love: )

But even in case someone sees this model just as an investment with a good chance for future gains:
Once released and sold off I am pretty sure that prices will rapidly rise regardless whether 400 or 800 have been made...

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I agree with all has been said above. Quite dishonest and actually taking a page of BBR playbook.

Now for us in North America this model was out of reach from the start, unless you traveled to Germany for the Techno Classica fair ... Even the few models left they had on sale on the CMC website could only be pre-ordered from Europe. Now we have a chance to get it. But I think the whole marketing approach should have been way different with quotas for regions and announced from the start.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Having the plain red one, I'm only interested in the racing livery versions now, with the Borrani wheels. That being said, the midnight blue, with the fender shield looks so good. (y)

·
Registered
339 Posts
I think this is a total lack of (self)respect from CMC creating a hype first and then silently disrespect the limitation they imposed THEMSELVES first.
They did it with the GTO announcing 200 Techno Classica models, adding a 100 more as an "Amelia" version back in 2016(?). I think it will be harder to take me for a fool with their empty promises in the future. This is NO business practice. I can't appreciate AT ALL
You are upset because more people will have access to this amazing model? Sorry, i don't get it. This hobby is not about speculation, is about feeling good looking at those little beauties. It's a hobby, a passion. It's a business for the manufactures, not for the collectors.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
You are upset because more people will have access to this amazing model? Sorry, i don't get it. This hobby is not about speculation, is about feeling good looking at those little beauties. It's a hobby, a passion. It's a business for the manufactures, not for the collectors.
Yes, I am upset. Even worse, I've been fooled again by a company that doesn't respect its own words. I dare to state I can be seen as a loyal collector of the brand with my 225 CMC models in collection and there are a few very rare ones in it. Collecting is about the hunt for those seldom diamonds once your collection transcent above a certain level. I've never bought a model with the intention of selling it with a profit afterwards, even hate the speculation that's going on nowadays. The problem there is, has again its origine in the States and surely isn't unique. It is not the first time that people in the Ststes have disrespectfully circumvented the actions of the european branch of the firm with a twist. I even expect the limitation of the model will be bypassed in the usual way by putting a M-242TC id. number sticker on the Techno Classica packaging and then release another 800 identical models as an M-242. Talking about trustworthy business models! The right information about the products and their limitation should be binding for the whole of the company and as such respected by the entire company and trust me, I know what I'm talking about out of my own experiences. Words are there to be kept and that's something some aren't always as strict about as you could expect from within a honorable company. I, as a collector, though, and customer should be informed correctly about the business the manufacture is doing with its clients. And that's the basic principal that's respectlessly been bypassed here again.

·
Registered
192 Posts
CMC is not known for respecting its customers. Whether it's the so-called limited editions that are then increased, the historical approximation of the so-called classic models reproduced, the implausible colors, the variable geometry scale or the fragility of the pieces and paintings over time. Nothing new, unfortunately.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yes, I am upset. Even worse, I've been fooled again by a company that doesn't respect its own words. I dare to state I can be seen as a loyal collector of the brand with my 225 CMC models in collection and there are a few very rare ones in it. Collecting is about the hunt for those seldom diamonds once your collection transcent above a certain level. I've never bought a model with the intention of selling it with a profit afterwards, even hate the speculation that's going on nowadays. The problem there is, has again its origine in the States and surely isn't unique. It is not the first time that people in the Ststes have disrespectfully circumvented the actions of the european branch of the firm with a twist. I even expect the limitation of the model will be bypassed in the usual way by putting a M-242TC id. number sticker on the Techno Classica packaging and then release another 800 identical models as an M-242. Talking about trustworthy business models! The right information about the products and their limitation should be binding for the whole of the company and as such respected by the entire company and trust me, I know what I'm talking about out of my own experiences. Words are there to be kept and that's something some aren't always as strict about as you could expect from within a honorable company. I, as a collector, though, and customer should be informed correctly about the business the manufacture is doing with its clients. And that's the basic principal that's respectlessly been bypassed here again.
I understand your dissatisfaction with a brand changing what they initially advertised. And i expressed myself a bit wrong, maybe implying that you were concerned about speculation. What i wanted to express is that i don't get you getting upset because more people are getting the models; to me this hobby is not about exclusivity, i am glad a brand like CMC is increasing their offers, it means a better financial health for this beloved brand and lower prices for the collectors. Especially nowadays, with prices going through the roof.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Seems we've been naif again. Damn but cleverly made(?):
-The "Techno Classica 2022" never was mentioned as being an M-242 but a 275GTB Midnight Blue without any Id.Nr.
-The M-242 is announced as a "Midnight Blue METALLIC" and no "Midnight Blue" as the "Techno Classica 2022" is. Wondering if there will be any difference between both models?
Cleverly made differences in description between both will soon be clear OR will show in what degree we still can believe and accept as trustworthy what's communicated by the company or an amount of suspicion will always be needed when any "news" is spread .
Wondering how long this kind of quibbles will be still accepted by fans.
Like they always say : wait and see

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
-The "Techno Classica 2022" never was mentioned as being an M-242 but a 275GTB Midnight Blue without any Id.Nr.
-The M-242 is announced as a "Midnight Blue METALLIC" and no "Midnight Blue" as the "Techno Classica 2022" is. Wondering if there will be any difference between both models?
Cleverly made differences in description between both will soon be clear OR will show in what degree we still can believe and accept as trustworthy what's communicated by the company or an amount of suspicion will always be needed when any "news" is spread .
You may very well be right. Now I’ve noticed that both Hansecars and Carmodels have the M-242 listed as the Techno Classica 2022 at a high price. In Midnight Blue.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Let's be honest - that is the full-on BBR approach.

Saying a model is limited to e.g. 100 units, then re-releasing the (almost) exact same model... but then with e.g. different colour stitching of the seats in a second batch of e.g. 250 units and claiming "no it's not the same model, we don't know what you are talking about".

See e.g. BBR's unlimited re-releases of limited models

Great initiative of course to make a model available to more enthusiasts, but naturally that then the 'limited production price premium' of the first batch should be void.

701 - 720 of 728 Posts