DiecastXchange Forum banner

2018 - 2024 Greenlight Collectibles News

22K views 106 replies 24 participants last post by  slartibartfast229 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Please post all news there, thanks.

#4 ·
Yann Anne, have you seen the Monaco??
This is one I've wanted for a very, very long time. There are some things on this I hope get fixed before released- the headlights are too dark, the taillights look cheapish, the nose piece doesn't line up with the tops of the fenders, and I believe the shape of the top of the rear door windows may be off. In the rear quarter shot, they look like they wrap up into the roof too much, but I might be wrong. What do you think?
(I can't figure out how to post a pic, I just tried and it wouldn't take...)

#5 ·
I'm with you on the 1977 Monaco. I've wanted one for ages in 1:18 but there's a level of quality and detail you expect now that's much higher than before. Aside from what you mentioned above, the wheels look way off too. Considering this isn't actually a "budget" model, for the price I was hoping it would be at least on par with the Autoworld/Ertl 1974/75 Monacos (minus the engine detail). I hope things can be turned around.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
You're right !!
I'm both excited and puzzled concerning that Monaco: so happy to see one of my dreams come true
and disappointed by the headlights (what's that ugly dot in the middle?) or the lightbar (they could have copied the Autoworld 'Dukes of Hazzard' latest 75 Monaco which was very nice)

I'll take it anyway because I have to (!) but am wondering what their next license/colour scheme will be: I'd love to make a ROSCO P. Coltrane Monaco or the army ones from the A-Team but don't want to ruin a quite expensive Terminator model if a plain white car arrives shortly after (and even with the license I just mentioned)
The nose piece is certainly the piece they change to get the Furys and I hope this piece will line up with the fenders too on the real model..
So wait and see...

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
2018 Catalog
http://online.anyfli.../index.html#p=1

Sadly they doesnt cover 2H models of 2018, that are apearing for preorders.

I found something interesting , for highway 61 number 18013 , European distributor call this hummer another Csi Miami Hummer from 2006 .But US distributor 3000toys call this NCIS hummer(On imcdb is only NCIS hummer from 2006 listed as main cast of one episode, autonomous vehicle named OTTO).

http://www.3000toys.com/mobi/detail.aspx?sku=HIGHWAY%206118013

https://www.diecastcompany.nl/article/hwy18013

Im now very confused.

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks for the link to the catalog.

Extremely disappointed to see the '77 Monacco as an Artisan Model :(

My interest now shifts the A-Team van, under the diecast section. I wonder if they will just retool the 1971 Chevy van. All they would need to do for this mold is extend the wheelbase and change the bumper and head/tail lights. Also need to slightly extend the rear end overhang as well. Even if they did that only, it will be on my buy list for this year.

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
It's Greenlight. They're not going to retool highway 61 molds to make the A-Team Van. Hot Wheels already did an awesome job and they(Greenlight) knows that they can't even come close to the detail.

The A-Team Van Greenlight is doing will be a part of their Artisan(sealed diecast) Series. Just like the Monaco and the Supernatural Impala. Will just be yet another FLOP by Greenlight...

#16 ·
What's the best way to get in contact with these diecast companies? I would like to make product suggestions, especially to Greenlight now that they've acquired so many Highway 61 molds. There are many models bringing in big money on the secondary market and it would seem like a no-brainer to bring them back to production.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.