DiecastXchange Forum banner
321 - 340 of 347 Posts

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Yeah, I got all excited that Kyosho was going to release in 1/18th one of the cars longest on my "want to see released" list - and then I saw that the IMSA 300ZX is resin and sealed :cry::cry::cry::cry:!

This is particularly annoying since Kyosho has previously released the street version of the Z32 model in 1/18th diecast with opening features! They couldn't have rummaged around for the molds, slapped the company livery on and released THOSE instead? I know from pics they were not the highest quality Kyosho diecasts I've ever seen, but rather than this $229.99 resin, I'd take 'em...

No wonder I've been buying so dang many 1/43rds...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Finally something exciting from Kyosho Samurai to buy!
It's been a while since I got excited for a new release...so will be picking this up for sure. I'm hoping they release mo race cars in 1:18 scale in the future under the Samurai line. They did those 2 crazy Mazda & Nissan race cars, but sadly they were in 1:12.

Anyways, can't wait to get this!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Next new release for August 2022 under the Kyosho Samurai line.

More pictures can be found here for those interested.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
It's probably pre-production, the paint looks cloudy like metallic norev models and it's put together a little sloppy. The headlights were often off on the original urraco run. Kind of like about half of autoart signature countach models, the right headlight regardless of version. Same exact thing with the urraco. These kyosho rereleases are part for part the same as the original versions no matter how old, like the headlight pins on the 240s

·
Registered
160 Posts
It's probably pre-production, the paint looks cloudy like metallic norev models and it's put together a little sloppy. The headlights were often off on the original urraco run. Kind of like about half of autoart signature countach models, the right headlight regardless of version. Same exact thing with the urraco. These kyosho rereleases are part for part the same as the original versions no matter how old, like the headlight pins on the 240s
The new Urraco's, in the preview photos at least, have a different front light configuration (clear+amber=new, clear+clear=old) and Bertone badges (the older releases were missing these).
I agree that something looks slightly "off" about that P250, and the panel gaps on many of the newer diecast Kyosho models have been quite poor. I recall this issue really starting around 2014 when they released the 1/18 Miura SVJ's.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
The BMW 2002Tii is due for re-release now.
I don't have such an iconic model of this important BMW (I have the sealed race 2002 and their turbo) and would be keen on getting one.
Some of the images I have seen of earlier releases of the Kyosho 2002 look rather sloppy, does anyone have one of these?

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
The BMW 2002Tii is due for re-release now.
I don't have such an iconic model of this important BMW (I have the sealed race 2002 and their turbo) and would be keen on getting one.
Some of the images I have seen of earlier releases of the Kyosho 2002 look rather sloppy, does anyone have one of these?

I have Kyosho’s first release of the 2002, Slart; a DE in silver. Happy to check things for you if you want to compare old v new. Just let me know.

321 - 340 of 347 Posts