DiecastXchange Forum banner
341 - 347 of 347 Posts

·
Registered
10,091 Posts
The BMW 2002Tii is due for re-release now.
I don't have such an iconic model of this important BMW (I have the sealed race 2002 and their turbo) and would be keen on getting one.
Some of the images I have seen of earlier releases of the Kyosho 2002 look rather sloppy, does anyone have one of these?

well the molds are like 20-25 years old at this point and quite outdated. Just not up to par with the models being made currently

·
Registered
469 Posts
Is Kyosho releasing their 1/18 Countach's again? I know the 1/12 is due out soon. I recall receiving some marketing emails from either 1 or 2 retailers recently saying they'll be back in stock soon. I can't recall who the retailers are anymore (and of course I deleted the emails!).

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Is Kyosho releasing their 1/18 Countach's again? I know the 1/12 is due out soon. I recall receiving some marketing emails from either 1 or 2 retailers recently saying they'll be back in stock soon. I can't recall who the retailers are anymore (and of course I deleted the emails!).

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
I know it’s been said and complained about a million times, but it’s really hard not to compare today to the golden years of diecasts. Prices were low, supply was pretty good, the models were diecast and opening, and the details were great!

Every once in a while I come across an old receipt for a model I bought and it would be like $89 for an AUTOart premium model or Exoto. Oh well, nothing lasts forever.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
I know it’s been said and complained about a million times, but it’s really hard not to compare today to the golden years of diecasts. Prices were low, supply was pretty good, the models were diecast and opening, and the details were great!

Every once in a while I come across an old receipt for a model I bought and it would be like $89 for an AUTOart premium model or Exoto. Oh well, nothing lasts forever.
When you see that manufacturers are moving production to places like Bangladesh where wages are still quite low, it shows that in many cases China is now too expensive.
It's simply inflation, although it's still possible to get Maisto product at ridiculous prices - although not around here.
I am still planning on getting a BMW 2002, it looks to me as though there is still enough finesse in the model.
And even if the price is much higher this time around, it's still less than being asked on e-bay.
If I buy at the right time (the 'black' period is on the way soon) from a big retailer, I am happy that any problems will be dealt with.
Every year Black Friday arrives earlier.
Yesterday while in a supermarket I saw something for the first time - Christmas items alongside Halloween product - so the issue is widespread!

341 - 347 of 347 Posts