DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I really hope the Urus has all four doors opening and scaled correctly. Being a SUV, I hope Bburago incorporates Maisto style axles. Their current setup is having issues supporting the weight of not so heavy models. Urus is gonna be interesting but I really hope they decide to make a 812, TDF, and 488 Spider. They'll probably do the Portofino which is nice but not really exciting.

I am guessing Maisto is going to make the AMG Project One or the upcoming ZR1.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
So this isn't confirmed but a website has listed....

31387 Maisto 1:18 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS

Bburago is releasing 1:43 and 1:24 Signature Series 812 Superfasts so I am assuming a 1:18 is coming as well.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Yup GT2 RS is coming. As well as a new 1:18 line for modified cars.

38137 1:18 Porsche GT2 RS (Press Release Gray)

Modified Line includes

1:18 Datsun 510
1:18 Datsun 240Z
1:18 Dodge Charger
1:18 Nissan R35 (hopefully not the Bburago mold)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Maisto never released a catalog that didn't include the new models. They're gonna produce the 2018 GT2RS, Datsun 510, and Nissan R35. Except for the GT2 RS, the Nissan and Datsun are to be a part of a new line. Perhaps the catalogs are incomplete.

Same goes with Bburago, the cover of the Ferrari catalog has always had a render of a new 1:18. So perhaps they censor the pages until the 488 GTO is revealed.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Doesn't it count as false advertising if they sell an improperly scaled model as 1:18?
If that is the case, a lot of manufacturers are at fault

Next to that they would probably also face an issue with the words 'exact replica' or similar.
I mean, there are no exact replicas of any car in the world in the model car industry.
That's just impossible. So the scale issue might be just a kind of guide line in the market,
making it easier for us collectors to find what we're looking for.

Just my idea of how this could work ;)
[/quote] Yeah I guess. I think the model will be great but the issue with the scale just makes it silly to put next to another model. Maisto is superb with scaling but for some reason Bburago has made it a tradition to misscale.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I feel that after the FXXK was released, Bburago kinda gave up on the 1:18 market. I mean, the 488 GTB was a great success for them. While not perfect, it showed us what they are capable of producing. I'm not really expecting much from them anymore. The Urus might look good, but they really need to stop deliberately mis-scaling models just to fit it in the box. Design a new box, don't ruin a model that might actually turn out well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts