DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 805 Posts

· Registered
182 Posts
man i would love to see a 275 GTB/4 but i'm skeptical that CMC will do another Ferrari so soon after having just done the GTO. i would love to see something like an a6gcs or a db4, i'm just tired of the trucks and re-issues of older models.

· Registered
182 Posts
i'm having a hard time deciding which version of the c type to get. this is gonna be a tough choice.
The Ecurie Ecosse blue with white stripes would be my pick
[/quote]
Mine too, it'll go well with my Exoto D Type 1956 Le Mans winner. I do like the plain BRG one though!
[/quote]

ditto to this. i hope they do a better job matching the color to a real ecurie ecosse. its currently way off. the plain one has peaked my interest as well. simple yet beautiful.

· Registered
182 Posts
Has anyone already seen the C-Type Ecurie Ecosse version in real life?
The model is now being offered by CK but have a look at CK's own pictures - the colour looks horrible:
https://ck-modelcars...-m-192/p-55183/
I think those are just bad pictures. I've seen other pics people have posted on facebook and it looks on par with the car as seen today.

· Registered
182 Posts
I'm quite interested in the M-210 Ferrari 275GTB/C in plain red without racing decals. However on their website they said that it would feature "cast-aluminum wheels and Pirelli tyres instead of Borrani wire wheels" because the plain version never saw "the rigor of wheel-to-wheel competition".

Anyone have more insight into this as it seems quite a major turnoff, if true.
Its been photographed with both types of wheels but originally had the cast-aluminum. https://www.ultimatecarpage.com/img/Ferrari-275-GTB-C-128925.html

Personally, i'm looking forward to the one in Celeste Blue.

· Registered
182 Posts
Wow, I just head a peek at your collection/cabinet of model cars and must say its probably one of the most tasteful I've ever seen.

I'm not too familiar with CMC, so just wondering how their models with racing decals are perceived vs. the ones without? I know for the 275GTB/C, the racing ones are all limited editions, but do they retain their value as much or even better than the street version? I'm considering putting in a pre-order soon, given the pre-order discount.
Thanks man!

The debate about models with racing livery vs models without is really a matter of personal preference. Generally though, i think the ones with racing livery have appreciated more in value because they tend to be limited editions. I also think there are a lot of racing enthusiasts out there that prefer to collect models that are based off of actual chassis numbers with a racing history. There are exceptions to this though such as the red ferrari GTO. Its more sought after than the ones with racing livery. I have a mix of both in my collection and more often prefer the street versions without the livery. I try to avoid having too much of one color though because i value variety and it makes for a more eye catching display. If I had a collection of 1:1 classics in my garage, they wouldn't be the same color.

· Registered
182 Posts
Does anyone has a feeling Pullman is getting sold out? It seems to me like only 2 stores here in US got Pullman and seems like one of them already sold out champagne (non black version) already. CK seems to sold out both models already, so is American Excellence which is actually MCW. I want to buy both of them, but I know that some stores will have discounts in a week or two of 10-15% and let us be honest, on $750-800 we are talking about $75-120 of saving per model. Does any one has the same feeling?
Nah, I wouldn't worry, the limited editions won't get sold out until next year at the absolute earliest. I'm not crazy about the limited editions anyway. The pullman is one car that should be in black. If you're thinking of the same two big retailers in the US that I am thinking of, they still have stock available of both colors. Don't forget there are still several iterations that have yet to be released so the demand for the ones that are already available will likely slow down.

· Registered
182 Posts
I agree that black is the natural colour for the Pullman.
What I don't like is the striking red interior CMC has chosen for their black edition. IMO this doesn't fit together - its a contrast to the simple elegance and understatement of this iconic car.
I agree, red wasn't my first choice for the interior either but I doubt it is as bright red as it appears in some pictures and you see on other models (like the CMC testarossa or black california). Take a look at this 1:1 black pullman with the red interior:
If that doesn't scream simple elegance and sheer class, I don't know what does.

· Registered
182 Posts
Cool, finally some news from CMC. Still waiting for their 275 GTB
What are the opinions here on CMC's 275 GTB/C ?

As they are making quite some variants:
  • M-199: Ferrari 275 GTB/C, 24H France 1966, Biscaldi/Bourbon-Parme, #26 (Limited Edition 1800 pcs.)
  • M-210: Ferrari 275 GTB/C, 1966, red
  • M-211: Ferrari 275 GTB/C, 1966, Chassis 09051, silver, #98 (Limited Edition 1000 pcs.)
  • M-212: Ferrari 275 GTB/C, 1966, Chassis 09057 (Limited Edition 1000 pcs.)
  • M-213: Ferrari 275 GTB/C, 1966, Chassis 09063, burgundy - Nassau Tourist Trophy 1966, Pedro Rodriguez, #4 (Limited Edition 1000 pcs.)
  • M-222: Ferrari F275 GTB/C gold-plated body (Limited Edition 500 pcs.)
  • M-223: Ferrari F275 GTB/C copper alloy fine-casted body (Limited Edition 300 pcs.)
Is there any model a particular favourite here ?

What I'm wondering is whether this model will be a 'success' (depending on how you define 'success', but let's say - to what extent the model appreciates in value in the 12-24 months after release).

Reason why I'm a bit skeptical is that BBR launched a ton of 275 models a while back (really a ton of models, something like 50 different variants), but all these models are really struggling to get sold 'on the open market' (think eBay and all its local varieties). They were all released for something like €300-400 at BBR, depending on the model, but nowadays most don't even reach €200 on eBay auctions.

Even though I believe it was Enzo Ferrari himself who said that "the 275 was too beautiful to be a Ferrari", it doesn't seem to hold through for the scale model versions of it.
[/quote]

I love the 275 gtb and want one in my collection. I have the BBR 275 GTB/4 and to be clear the CMC model is based off of a 275 GTB/C that has some noticeable differences. The BBR model is nice but the whole sealed resin thing makes it such a tease. I'll either sell it for a loss or keep it in my office. As for the CMC, I'm leaning towards chassis 09057 because I think its the best looking one. The light blue metallic color makes it very unique even though it doesn't have as strong of a racing history as some of the others. Chassis 09063 went up for auction a couple years ago https://www.sportsca...rrari-275-gtb-c and chassis 09051 sold for $14 mil the year before that https://www.goodingc...rari-275-gtbc/.

And to your question about whether or not it will appreciate, I don't really care. I only buy models of cars that I love. If CMC stuck with the original plan and made the LeMans winning version, that would have definitely been the first to sell out and appreciated in value. For some reason not known to me, they decided not to make that version. My guess is that the others will hold their value in the near term and won't appreciate until at least 5 years down the road after they've stopped producing them.

· Registered
182 Posts
Does anybody know why M-212 is a different model on CMC's different websites ?

See a.o.
They just didn't update the website. Originally, they were planning to make chassis 09063 in beige along with the LeMans winner. Then they decided to make 09057 in metallic blue instead as well as the copper and gold versions. I think CMC may still make the LeMans winner some point much later as a second release. They've been big on reintroducing models they've made in the past lately like they did with the birdcage, sskl, etc. It's hard to say which version of 09057 will be produced as i've seen the car with and without the bumper and with and without the borani wheels at various events. I wouldn't put too much stock in the marketing photos they post on their websites. When the announced news of the Talbot Lago, they used a picture of a car with white walls. That was never realized.

· Registered
182 Posts
I've asked CMC what the spec of the models will be and they indicated all models will have bumpers (unlike the photo shown of M-212), and only M-210 (the 'standard' red version) will come with the magnesium wheels, and the rest all with Borrani wire wheels.
Not surprised about the Borani wheels. It greatly inflates the part count that they like to include in marketing materials.

· Registered
182 Posts
The beige car is 'period correct'.
The metallic blue car is a modern paint job, and looks like a car that competes in historic events..
If I was paying the usual CMC prices, it would have to be a replica of a car that existed at around the time of introduction.
This is important to me personally, I always prefer originals than modern overhauls in scale.
It may be a modern paint job but I think it is a period correct paint color, meaning it was available to buyers during that period. I've seen pictures of other 275's with similar paint jobs. I think the color may be Azzurro Metallizatto. Personally, if I were to buy a real car that needed restoration, I would want it in a color scheme I found to be the most desirable. On the other hand repainting a car that holds significant historical value (i.e. racing pedigree) is sacrilege.

· Registered
182 Posts
Cool, cheers.

I've just watched a long review / un boxing video of a Black one on YouTube. I noticed that the wheel hub caps didn't seem to stay in place and moved easily.
Also, when he used the rubber plunger tool to open the trunk, one of the hinges broke. Plus there were two random screws just lying around in the box.
The hood star seems to be too big.
The thick and thin digits on the licence plate look strange.
The molding line on the right of the intake, under the hood should not be there.

I watched a short video showing another Black car, that one just had music and no voice etc, even though they had gloves on, the paint showed a lot of marks.

I really like the car and would love to buy this model, but I'm not sure if it will be as good as I'm expecting it to be.
I was scared after watching that video too but I believe his pullman was from the first batch. They seemed to have resolved many of the qc issues in the following batches. I received my black version this summer and was very impressed by the qc. The paint was as smooth and mark free as i've ever seen on a black model.

· Registered
182 Posts
I wonder why the Trossi car has so many fewer parts than the SSK. The CMC estimates the SSK has over 1,700 parts which is similar to the SSKL. The Trossi is estimated to have over 1,000 parts. I know that the SSK/SSKL have two spare tires as opposed to one so that probably accounts for some of the difference but still, it begs the question, did CMC significantly lower the level of detail for this model?

· Registered
182 Posts
The car CMC based their model on 3809GT (ex 3527GT) was restored a few years ago to its correct early body configuration by Ferrari Classiche.
This GTO is an early-type car with smaller oval radiator opening, sidelights below the headlights, vertical brake cooling slots in the nose and bolted rear spoiler.

So all the CMC 250 GTO versions now carry a wrong nose... Regardless of their level of craftsmanship and market value.
Even after the restoration, the CMC GTO looks a hell of a lot closer to the real car than the Kyosho. Not to say that the Kyosho doesn't look like other GTO chassis, but in that particular example, the CMC is far and away the superior model in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 805 Posts