DiecastXchange Forum banner
761 - 780 of 804 Posts

· Registered
180 Posts
Update from a Dutch CMC dealer:
  • The definitive list of models for 2023 (and prices) will be published around the Spielwarenmesse in Nürnberg (1-5 Feb 2023)
  • The first version of the Uhlenhaut (M-076 re-release) is already out, the other versions are expected early 2023
  • After which the Alfa P3 (seven versions) will be released
  • In the second half of 2023, CMC is expected to release the other 'neuheiten', like the Porsche 904 models (eight versions, M-230-237*),
  • and perhaps the Ferrari 250 LM; however, the Ferrari 250 LM is still only a rumour at this point

* eight versions of the Porsche 904:

M-230Porsche 904 1964/65 ch,nr.904-005 Winner Targa Florio 1964 Pucci/Davis #86 unlimited
M-231Porsche 904 1964/65 ch,nr.904-006 Rally Monte Carlo 1965 Böhringer/Wütherich #150 LE1000
M-232Porsche 904 1964/65 ch.nr.904-025 Silverstone Int. GP Touring 1964 Innes Ireland #26 LE800
M-233Porsche 904 1964/65 ch.nr.904-040 500km Spa 1964 Leon Dernier #43 LE1000
M-234Porsche 904 1964/65 ch.nr 904-042 Pebble Beach Auction 2017 #42 LE800
M-235Porsche 904 1964/65 ch.nr.904-045 Scott Brown Mem.Snetterton 1964 Dickie Stoop #71 LE1000
M-236Porsche 904 1964/65 ch.nr.904-055 1000km Nürburgring Koch/Pon #45 LE1000
M-237Porsche 904 1964/65 ch.nr.904-098 Bonhams Scottsdale Auction 2017 LE800

See also attached PDF

Attachments

· Registered
346 Posts
Thank you for this valuable information, Quant.
For my part, as much as I am very very interested in the Alfa P3, the announced liveries of the Porsche 904 leave me speechless. I was hoping for a street version. I'll pass, I think. Or maybe the M-237.
I didn't know there was a rumor about the Ferrari 250 LM. I hope it's true. But it seems that the next Ferrari is the 375 MM Spider.

· Registered
475 Posts
Regarding the Alfa P3, there are two different front axle layouts - this is my pic of two of the 1:1's that came down to Australia in 2009, the No.12 car is Nuvolari's 1935 German GP winning car owned (at the time) by Jon Shirley, and No.31 is Peter Giddings' 1932 car. CMC will need to re-tool the front suspension if they are to model the 1935 GP winning car - it looks like a beam axle but is actually an unusual Dubonnet independent system with oil chambers each side.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

· Registered
346 Posts
Obviously, CMC only advertises 1932 and 1933 vintages, not 1935.
On the other hand, I still have a doubt about the fidelity of the front bar to the chassis of the Nuvolari version #8 at the 1932 Italian Grand Prix, compared to this photo of #31.
I also wonder if CMC will pay attention to the different chassis colours. Some had a raw aluminium chassis, others were painted red. Knowing them, it's not certain that they are picky.

· Registered
475 Posts
Obviously, CMC only advertises 1932 and 1933 vintages, not 1935.
On the other hand, I still have a doubt about the fidelity of the front bar to the chassis of the Nuvolari version #8 at the 1932 Italian Grand Prix, compared to this photo of #31.
I also wonder if CMC will pay attention to the different chassis colours. Some had a raw aluminium chassis, others were painted red. Knowing them, it's not certain that they are picky.
Yes, I noticed the years of production after I posted. It would be a shame they won't do the 1935 version though, as that win in Germany was possibly his most famous - beating the might of Mercedes on their home turf when everyone thought the Alfa had no chance. Still, the model is very promising and I'm seriously considering getting one despite the astronomical cost here in Australia.

· Registered
346 Posts
I completely agree with you, the victory of David against Goliath at the German Grand Prix would have been the perfect event to achieve. But at CMC, they are known to be completely ignorant of car history and irrelevant when they choose a reference model to reproduce. It's becoming a caricature, in fact. With each new model, they type in the wrong one. But like you, I will have a hard time resisting to buy one of their P3, as the model promises to be sublime.

· Registered
346 Posts
Great news, these GTO reissues. Perhaps this will calm down the speculators' ardour a bit. There are at least two versions that might interest me. I just hope, if they don't correct their mould based on a badly redone body, that they at least spare us the modern accessories on these models representing old races.

By the way, reading their announcement, which I'm very happy about, I can see that humility is not the only thing they're doing at CMC.

· Registered
3,853 Posts
Nothing to say against re-issuing older models with new liveries.
But this is easy and lazy - just skimming the market with minimal effort.

I would at least hope that they invest a bit more and develop derivatives of existing models. This would offer something really new to the collectors while leveraging a lot already existing tools and parts.
For instance think of W100 SWB / Nallinger Coupé or Ferrari 275 NART Spider…

· Super Moderator
5,860 Posts
Some years and price increases ago, I too would've been frustrated with them not making new models. But now I'm actually feeling a little bit of relief, knowing that it would be over $500, and probably not even look like the 1:1. At this point, if there's a classic European car I wanna see in 1:18, I'd much rather Kyosho or even KK-Scale do it, since it'll be a fraction of the cost, and a lot more accurate.

In fact, I was looking at a list of my models in order of how much I paid for them, and that the wildly inaccurate CMC DB4 GTZ is #4 on that list really didn't sit right with me. Now I wish that KK or whoever else would make it, so I can get some of that money back, and get a much more accurate looking model while I'm at it. #1 on that list is by far the CMC 275 GTB, and honestly, I like my BBR classic Ferraris a bit more... they're sealed, but they look better, and I paid half or even less for them.

I'm very happy that they're rereleasing the Uhlenhaut instead of another swing and a miss on something else, since it's obviously one of their better models, and I missed it the first time. But after that, that might be it from CMC, as far as I'm concerned.

· Registered
346 Posts
I wish they re-released the street 250 GTos, but they were limited editions so...
Apparently the new M-256 will be a street version, albeit with right-hand drive. Whether the failed snout of the previous versions will be corrected and whether it will still be fitted with a 21st century harness and roll bar is another question, but hope lives on!

In fact, I was looking at a list of my models in order of how much I paid for them, and that the wildly inaccurate CMC DB4 GTZ is #4 on that list really didn't sit right with me. Now I wish that KK or whoever else would make it, so I can get some of that money back, and get a much more accurate looking model while I'm at it. #1 on that list is by far the CMC 275 GTB, and honestly, I like my BBR classic Ferraris a bit more... they're sealed, but they look better, and I paid half or even less for them.

I'm very happy that they're rereleasing the Uhlenhaut instead of another swing and a miss on something else, since it's obviously one of their better models, and I missed it the first time. But after that, that might be it from CMC, as far as I'm concerned.
It would be difficult to contradict you. It's true that CMC boasts about their incomparable sense of detail, but often misses the point.
Their models are still little jewels, you just have to choose the right one, like the Mercedes 300 SLR you mention and know how to do without the others, which is frustrating.
I had to quickly part with the red 275 GTB/C M-210 after I received it, as I couldn't stand the sight of its ugly rear window seal. If new editions of the red M-210 or the yellow M-240 came out with the same correction on this point as their Le Mans version, I could buy it again, but without that, it's really not possible.
Same thing with their Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato SUV. A legend that looks like nothing when treated by CMC.
On the other hand, I find the much maligned Jaguar C-Type not as bad as I've read and I'm completely in love with their Talbot Lago topping up having bought 3 and being on the hunt for the fourth.

· Registered
5,165 Posts
How much are the 250 GTO models?
CMUSA has them priced at $709 to $748 USD.

Pass. I'll hold out for the Kyosho re-issues.

761 - 780 of 804 Posts