DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
The model of the car which was on so many posters flying at the Nurburgring (where the suspension broke!).
Minichamps have decided to make it the winner of the next race it took part in - and won.
This was probably the most prestigious race in the DRM at the time, the Norisring - which ran around the infamous Nazi Steintribune.
Note that although Ronnie Peterson's name appears on the doors, he did not drive on that occasion.
He did drive at the ETCC Nurburgring 'GP der Tourenwagen' two months earlier.
Photos at that event show no difference in markings, so you could say it's a car driven by Ronnie if you wanted to.....
Apparently limited to 468 unts, an odd number indeed.

Attachments

·
Administrator
33,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I saw a couple of different CSL's added too.

·
Administrator
33,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah maybe they'll do it, they seem to be going to town with them, so you never know.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I think it's great, personally.

Not so much for the CSL (I might get one more sometime), but the variety of 962s/956s and 935s from Minichamps and Norev is wonderful.

At the moment, I'm trying to resist numerous Group C Porsches in the hope that a couple of specific liveries are just around the corner!

M

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
these were on eBay today
Minichamps are certainly getting their money's worth from these CSL's!
I suppose one aspect of the simplified production of these models is the ease of churning out a large range of subjects, at reduced numbers.
[/quote]

Yes, same with the M1s. Unless the livery instantly pops and I love it, I probably won't bother. It would be very easy to spend a few hundred Euro every month just on new CSLs.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I like the way the Italia one has the Italian flag colours on it; looks quite cool in that livery, but probably won't get one.

·
Registered
807 Posts
The model of the car which was on so many posters flying at the Nurburgring (where the suspension broke!).
Minichamps have decided to make it the winner of the next race it took part in - and won.
This was probably the most prestigious race in the DRM at the time, the Norisring - which ran around the infamous Nazi Steintribune.
Note that although Ronnie Peterson's name appears on the doors, he did not drive on that occasion.
Photos at that event show no difference in markings, so you could say it's a car driven by Ronnie if you wanted to.....
I'm not a big fan of the 3.0 CSL but that livery screams buy me

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the 3.0 CSL but that livery screams buy me

[/quote]
As I understand it, the original CSL in white was the 12 valve version.
The black base was to highlight that this was the newer, more powerful (430bhp) 24 valve version.

·
Administrator
33,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was looking at some of the 3.0 ones on ebay last night, I think I only wanted them as the price wasn't so bad though!!
Then I put a couple of the 3.5 ones on my watch list.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I quite like this livery. At first glance, thought it was going to be Rothmans sponsored.

TBH, all the recently released liveries are quite nice. As to whether they are 100 Euros each nice is another matter. Got so many CSLs already, needs to be something special for me to spend the ££.

Wish Minichamps would hurry up and re-release the E34 5 Series and E32 7 Series. I wonder if they'll be limiting numbers on them. I think they would be crazy to do so as I reckon they will be very popular among collectors (like me) who missed them first time round.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I quite like this livery. At first glance, thought it was going to be Rothmans sponsored.

TBH, all the recently released liveries are quite nice. As to whether they are 100 Euros each nice is another matter. Got so many CSLs already, needs to be something special for me to spend the ££.

Wish Minichamps would hurry up and re-release the E34 5 Series and E32 7 Series. I wonder if they'll be limiting numbers on them. I think they would be crazy to do so as I reckon they will be very popular among collectors (like me) who missed them first time round.
I just hope they will not be sealed. . . And it would be nice to see E34 M5, but I seriously doubt PMA will do it. . . Or even consider doing it.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts

A strange choice this one, qualified 46th, DNF after 28 laps......

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I just hope they will not be sealed. . . And it would be nice to see E34 M5, but I seriously doubt PMA will do it. . . Or even consider doing it.
I'd have thought it'd be pretty straightforward given that they could use the original mould. If they do that, I'm sure they'll cheap out on the engine detail like they did with the CSi re-releases.

Given how Minichamps are of late, I wouldn't be surprised if they make them sealed however.

1 - 20 of 417 Posts