DiecastXchange Forum banner
361 - 380 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
As much as I love the Taycan Cross Turismo, hard pass on that model. 250eur for a sealed Mininchamps..no thanks. Especially when they'll probably come out with a hobby version at a fraction of the price.

·
Administrator
33,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #362 ·
Agreed!

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Isn't that resin? That would explain the price tag. Remember dealer box Porsches have always been expensive.

·
Administrator
33,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #364 ·
Porsche 911 992 TURBO S 2020 ROT RED 300 pcs. 1:18 Minichamps 155069070

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Why is Minichamps making 1:18 sealed models that were not popular even when they were made fully opening by other brands?

Minichamps sealed vs Kyosho fully opening BMW V12 LMR
Minichamps sealed vs Autoart fully opening BMW Z8 as another example

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Why is Minichamps making 1:18 sealed models that were not popular even when they were made fully opening by other brands?

Presumably because they think people will buy them?

M

·
Administrator
33,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #368 ·

No,
The Kyosho Le Mans 1999 winner was sealed - only the dealer edition one had a take off / removable engine cover, they are very hard to come by.
Maisto's one had a take off engine cover.

·
Administrator
33,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #370 ·
I guess the DE ones and late release ones as you mention in your thread have the take off engine cover, but 99% of them don't. The normal ones don't have the R in the model code.

But yeah, it is not a highly sought after model. I'm not a fan of the looks.

·
Administrator
33,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #373 ·
WAP0211510M004

·
Registered
695 Posts
Disappointing, esp for the price. Looks rough around the edges at the rear. If they're going to charge Spark prices, they might have well just given them the license.

·
Registered
695 Posts
On a different note, does anybody know why these Porsche Minichamps releases are not making their way over to the states? I've been waiting for US sellers to stock the DE 992 Turbos and Taycan Cross Turismo. Is the only way to get them from Germany or paying insane markups at a Porsche dealer?

·
Administrator
33,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #376 ·
Disappointing, esp for the price. Looks rough around the edges at the rear. If they're going to charge Spark prices, they might have well just given them the license.
Agreed! I think they're way too much money. Maybe the hobby version will cost a lot less, but who knows when they will be out?

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Have someone got the G63 Amg 1/18? I really like that model, but first I want to hear some reviews. Is not a cheap model, but gladly is a die cast model. Cheers!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Have someone got the G63 Amg 1/18? I really like that model, but first I want to hear some reviews. Is not a cheap model, but gladly is a die cast model. Cheers!
I have one ordered in Gray and will give my impressions once received next week.

·
Administrator
33,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #379 ·
I'm not sure if these GT3's are resin. I think they might be diecast like their other 992 models ?

361 - 380 of 417 Posts