DiecastXchange Forum banner
401 - 417 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
was excited to hear Minichamps' plan to re-release the E32 and E34 beauties years ago and back then one would considered their pricing to be borderline joke. Now with all the ever increasing prices on all scale model cars the 299EUR is shocking but I think some are used to it and probably would expect that is the expected price to pay. I guess i will just wait for someone else to make budget sealed diecast of the non M E34... 😫

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
The grey 730i is on CK. Was at 249 this morning, now 299.

TBF, looking at the photos, the engine bay looks a lot better/more detailed than the E34. Not 249 or 299 Euros good though.

Anyone know whether these are supposed to be limited numbers?

·
Registered
807 Posts
The boxes don't show any sign of being limited editions. So I guess Minichamps has 2 new milkcows.

·
Administrator
33,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #404 ·
The price of 299 euros is completely crazy!! Sheer madness!!

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
The boxes don't show any sign of being limited editions. So I guess Minichamps has 2 new milkcows.
So what's going on? Appears the RRP is 170 and it seems to me that CK are cashing in+++ on buyer FOMO. Prices bang up to 249 and then 299. Now totally sold out on their site.

I can't imagine the entire batch of these has sold out. I've not even seen them in stock at other retailers.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
WTF!? Was 299 the starting price or did it start lower?

I'm sorry, that's not a 299 model AT all. Absolute joke.

Compare the engine on the re-release:

To the original:
I’m not sure I can spot the differences. But maybe my eyes can’t see the differences here. I have the original 535i in red and like it a lot.

I know that with the re release of the Alfa Giulia, minichamps did scrimp on some details for sure.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
I have an early release and the later version of the group 5 BMW CSL racer, and I can't see any difference.
They don't represent the same car, so I am not 100%.
From what I can tell, the differences that are obvious on their other models is detail painting.
Having a large selection of hobby paints and paintbrushes means these issues are easily corrected.
I would rather have this issue than not have the re-releases at far less than e-bay prices.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Looks like Modelissimo has the red E34 now for EUR199.95. Considering the going prices for typical premium diecast models that is probably the expected price to pay me think but still bit rich for me personally. Just wondering that consider they take so many years to re-release these beauties don't they think it might be a good idea to refine the headlights and tailights a little and have those ugly stubs hidden? If Bburago, Solido etc can do it perfectly why can't they?

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Like I said it should be 170 euros across the board. This is what I paid for mine:

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
It IS a great irritant that a number of retailers are raising the price of the E34 BMW.
On the other hand it might send a message to Minichamps - full opening diecasts are in demand!
Even if they are nothing more than re-issues of long out of stock subjects......

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Looks like Modelissimo has the red E34 now for EUR199.95. Considering the going prices for typical premium diecast models that is probably the expected price to pay me think but still bit rich for me personally. Just wondering that consider they take so many years to re-release these beauties don't they think it might be a good idea to refine the headlights and tailights a little and have those ugly stubs hidden? If Bburago, Solido etc can do it perfectly why can't they?
The bonnet is definitely not sitting properly on the CK example.

It's now up to 249, seems buyers not quite as keen on this one.

Seems to me the E34 re-release is not as good as the E32.

I don't want to spend £££ on a mediocre E34...but FOMO is a powerful emotion!:((n)

·
Administrator
33,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #415 ·
I've not paid that much attention to the prices of these two new releases, strange how some sellers in Germany are asking £50 more for the same thing (same model, same colour etc) over others, and then there's UK places asking £80 more.

To be honest the E34 in Red looks quite cool, I always used to see them in that colour most of the time.

·
Registered
578 Posts
It IS a great irritant that a number of retailers are raising the price of the E34 BMW.
On the other hand it might send a message to Minichamps - full opening diecasts are in demand!
Even if they are nothing more than re-issues of long out of stock subjects......
The end of "FIXED" wheels on the F1 cars would be welcome too. Pretty disappointing that, among other future releases, the F1 Aston Martin AMR21 models will have stuck wheels that don't even steer. POO!

·
Administrator
6,898 Posts
the E34 re release doesnt look that good at 200€, seems like half-assed effort.
no interior flocking, the grille looks rather simple and without much depth to it, and those mounting pins in head and taillights are something you would get on a cheap budget model.
the engine looks alright, but the bonnet hinges are very nice.

401 - 417 of 417 Posts