DiecastXchange Forum banner
861 - 880 of 881 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
That's the thing, we shouldn't have to do that. I'd rather not buy the model. I get it a lot with most models "if you just did this to it" I don't agree with that, the makers out to be looking at what they are making and then looking again before signing off on them.
I totally hear what you’re saying and agree with you. I too would love to live in an ideal world, but we don’t :)

I wonder though who has final sign off? In the field I work in, the client has final sign off; at that point any errors not spotted are their responsibility (obviously I strive for zero errors before they review/sign off)

Maybe in this case Mercedes did the sign off. Possibly whoever signed off the C124 isn’t that close to the car or wasn’t around when the car was current to know them that intricately. Possibly they’re not diecast fans either so don’t spot the things that we spot.

I’m not trying to make excuses for this error as I agree with you they shouldn’t be present; i’m curious about the chain of events that occurred for this error to be overlooked.

·
Administrator
33,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #862 ·
I agree! Yep, I do wonder sometimes who is singing off ? and agreeing to it. IF they have the attitude of "that will do" they're not a company I'm interested in buying from. Us as collectors of models are often put in the position of it's buy this one, or go without. I hate that!!

For me, this isn't a model I will buy now. I am a bit of a fan of this gen of E class too, so that's a shame!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Depending on the car etc, I wonder if it’s less a case of ‘that’ll do’ and more a case of they don’t know any better - possibly for the reasons I outlined earlier. Guess we’ll never know :)

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Not sure if the 190E 2.3 with rear spoiler has been mentioned here but I have noticed the black one is already appearing on Aliexpress and Taobao platforms. Looking forward to more colours in the coming months.

It is a real bummer that they made a blunder on the C124 otherwise a very welcoming addition to the Sacco designed Mercs. I held back on buying the C124 variants made by Ottomobile and was secretly hoping that Norev would made the full opening coupe version and they finally did. I have the cabrio version by Norev but I still find hard top version to be way more attractive. Considering they are now making the pre-facelited version I wonder if the facelifted one is also on the horizon.

·
Administrator
33,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #867 ·
I saw an ebay listing for a pre order (it comes in November) listing for the Renault Clio Williams 1993 TDC rally. I've waitied ages for this one, so no doubt I will get one.

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
Great images of some juicy upcoming subjects.
Needless to say when you look on the KK site the images and written details don't match. :>)
The nice looking Alfa is flagged as an Opel Kadett C in red.
Which information is correct with the statement that the model will be available at the end of November?
I recently sent them an e-mail about a model with this same issue, and didn't even get a reply.
Needless to say I bought elsewhere......

·
Administrator
33,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #874 ·
The Fulvia is cool!! Hopefully a couple of rally ones come along too. That would be nice! The 2000 GTV looks quite nice, nice colour too! I don't mind the engine, it looks ok to me.

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
The Fulvia is cool!! Hopefully a couple of rally ones come along too.

Agreed on the rally subjects.
My worry is that unlike Solido and SunStar, Norev don't have a great history of motorsport options to their road car subjects.
I would like to see DTM versions of the upcoming 190E Cosworth, since no one has produced any in 1/18th scale to this point.
And although they quickly fell into the shade of the E30 M3, there were lots of them around.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm not trying to be dense here, but where on kleine-klassiker.de's site can you find these pre-production images? I tried looking under "Showroom," "Lancia," etc... I can't find them anywhere! (Apologies, I haven't had a whole lot of coffee yet!) :)

861 - 880 of 881 Posts