DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
these were on eBay today
Minichamps are certainly getting their money's worth from these CSL's!
I suppose one aspect of the simplified production of these models is the ease of churning out a large range of subjects, at reduced numbers.
[/quote]

Yes, same with the M1s. Unless the livery instantly pops and I love it, I probably won't bother. It would be very easy to spend a few hundred Euro every month just on new CSLs.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I quite like this livery. At first glance, thought it was going to be Rothmans sponsored.

TBH, all the recently released liveries are quite nice. As to whether they are 100 Euros each nice is another matter. Got so many CSLs already, needs to be something special for me to spend the ££.

Wish Minichamps would hurry up and re-release the E34 5 Series and E32 7 Series. I wonder if they'll be limiting numbers on them. I think they would be crazy to do so as I reckon they will be very popular among collectors (like me) who missed them first time round.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I just hope they will not be sealed. . . And it would be nice to see E34 M5, but I seriously doubt PMA will do it. . . Or even consider doing it.
I'd have thought it'd be pretty straightforward given that they could use the original mould. If they do that, I'm sure they'll cheap out on the engine detail like they did with the CSi re-releases.

Given how Minichamps are of late, I wouldn't be surprised if they make them sealed however.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Non opening, BMW Heritage Collection.

Is this a sealed version of one of the E30s that was released (along with a few others) by Minichaps a few years back (when they still did opening stuff)?

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
BMW E24 635CSi in red. Would be interesting to put this side by side with Otto's 6 Series (given they are both sealed models).

Couple of M8s as well

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I've just ordered the red E24. From looking at the Minichamps website, a blue one is going to be released in week 13. This red one is limited 1/504. Doesn't say anything about the blue.

You can never have too many E24s
(I think I have a few Minichamps racers: JPS, Jagermeister and Marlboro, the Otto 635 and their Alpina models and one AutoArt 635).

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Does look really rubbish doesn't it...

Also, I hate they don't bother with a number plate anymore. Cheapens the look immediately.

Doesn't bode well for the BMW E34 and E32 re-release (which will almost certainly be sealed)

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
The grey 730i is on CK. Was at 249 this morning, now 299.

TBF, looking at the photos, the engine bay looks a lot better/more detailed than the E34. Not 249 or 299 Euros good though.

Anyone know whether these are supposed to be limited numbers?

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
The boxes don't show any sign of being limited editions. So I guess Minichamps has 2 new milkcows.
So what's going on? Appears the RRP is 170 and it seems to me that CK are cashing in+++ on buyer FOMO. Prices bang up to 249 and then 299. Now totally sold out on their site.

I can't imagine the entire batch of these has sold out. I've not even seen them in stock at other retailers.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts