DiecastXchange Forum banner
441 - 460 of 498 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
That's outrageous! But I think they'll chance it, because it seems in line with their pricing policy for the E32 and E34. The sad part is that it will sell out even at that price... :sick:
I don't know if it will. The E32 and E34 were very much in demand and collectors have been waiting for a long time for the re-release. I'd be surprised if they have that level of demand for this ugly M3/M4. We'll see.

·
Administrator
34,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #446 ·
As much as I like BMW Art cars & The Pink panther, it's not one for me. The price is quite high too. Also, the base is nothing like the other ones, so it wouldn't fit / look right when you displayed it (mind you the bases on these are massive!)

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
As much as I like BMW Art cars & The Pink panther, it's not one for me. The price is quite high too. Also, the base is nothing like the other ones, so it wouldn't fit / look right when you displayed it (mind you the bases on these are massive!)
It's a bit of an odd one. More information about it here: E3 Wundercar | New Horizon Art Car Project

I don't think it's an official BMW Art Car as such from what I can make out.

·
Administrator
34,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #449 ·
Nice!
It's a shame that they are sealed (I only have one of their sealed E30 M3's) I think that three of them might be re issues ?

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
Let's simplify everything by sealing the old tooling and avoiding the irritation of excessive detailing.
Oh and we will charge the same price as the originals.
Far too many dumbasses won't notice.....
What's that you say?
The Solido versions have opening doors and cost way less?

·
Administrator
34,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #451 ·
True! I still want to get a couple of them, whether or not I do or not, will depend on what they look like (I can already guess) and the price, I can guess that too!

·
Registered
437 Posts
I can deal with sealed models and lower interior detail as long as the paint and wheels are good and the shape is right. But why does Minichamps still use black pegs for the headlights at these price-points? :cry:

I'm imagining somebody getting one of these and then using a Solido E30 for a headlight swap. That just hurts.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
It's a bit of an odd one. More information about it here: E3 Wundercar | New Horizon Art Car Project

I don't think it's an official BMW Art Car as such from what I can make out.
It's not - the last official BMW Art Car was Cao Fei's "digital art" M6 GT3 back in 2017. I think they're overdue for a new one but this one is not affiliated with BMW in any way.

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
It would seem the ciggie cars have full advertising, but 'painted over' on the images.
I am considering the JPS M3, I have their JPS 635 which is at least the correct shape.
Price looks to be around the €120 mark.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Meh, more sealed Minichamps.

Let's simplify everything by sealing the old tooling and avoiding the irritation of excessive detailing.
Oh and we will charge the same price as the originals.
Far too many dumbasses won't notice.....
What's that you say?
The Solido versions have opening doors and cost way less?
Indeed.

I've got quite a few of the M Stripe M3s, back from when they were opening so that's off the list. The FINA livery I have as an AutoArt. The JPS I'd consider. Didn't they used to supply the decals with the model?

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
I've got quite a few of the M Stripe M3s, back from when they were opening so that's off the list. The FINA livery I have as an AutoArt.
The JPS I'd consider. Didn't they used to supply the decals with the model?

My JPS and Marlboro 635's came with the cigarette decals to be applied by the buyer.
So I assume these will be the same, that's not a problem for me.
If these images are correct, the 1987 DTM and ATCC versions are wrong.
They show additional splitters below the front of the models, an item that did not arrive until some years later.
The wheels on the Zakspeed version look to be from that same late era version of the car (too large a diameter).....

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
Mine are still sitting in their boxes, decals not yet applied (for either!)

I can't know your storage circumstances, but I recommend you put the decal sheets in a small 'zip lock' bag for protection.
Better still is to keep the decals pressed down by something to keep them flat.
I have had sets curl up at the edges causing tiny cracks which are almost impossible to see - until it's too late! :>(

441 - 460 of 498 Posts