DiecastXchange Forum banner
581 - 600 of 631 Posts

·
Administrator
33,824 Posts
The engine bay on the Century is terrible!! I get that the real car must be like that, but it would be better if the hood was sealed, we're not missing much!

·
Road Cars - SUVs and Sedans
45 Posts
Yeah it's in the LCD news thread. Sorry too lazy to find it for you lol

oh and nothing on whether they're making the GRMN or not. Don't really care for it tbh, doesn't suit the nature of the car imo
Ok, great! Let me go check it out.
The concept of sports version of executive sedans is exciting and crazy. Just makes it a little more unique.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
That looks like a beautiful job by LCD as usual

On the other hand, I don't really understand why multiple diecast manufacturers are given the licenses to do the same exact car at similar price points. Why do LCD and AutoArt both have the licenses for the Century, 600LT and Civic Type R. Wouldn't it be in each others' best interests to have non-overlapping lineups?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Not a fan of the car, but holy moly! That is one very impressive model. I like it when a manufacturer like LCD comes along and shows Autoart how it's done.
I have no complaints if they are making the same model. Competition is good for the hobby. Autoart has not only been producing a lot of inferior models lately but also driving the prices up. They've been getting away with it because of the lack of heathy competition.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Not a fan of the car, but holy moly! That is one very impressive model. I like it when a manufacturer like LCD comes along and shows Autoart how it's done.
I have no complaints if they are making the same model. Competition is good for the hobby. Autoart has not only been producing a lot of inferior models lately but also driving the prices up. They've been getting away with it because of the lack of heathy competition.
Some of the earlier composite models were not good but I very much disagree that a lot of their models lately have been inferior. Most of their newer releases have been on point.

Reactions: spikyone

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Some of the earlier composite models were not good but I very much disagree that a lot of their models lately have been inferior. Most of their newer releases have been on point.
I was going to say exactly the same. They're not perfect but, for example, the McLaren 720S is excellent. AA are definitely improving. I agree that it's probably related to some competition.

The LCD 600LT is also an excellent model in its own right. I think the two companies do different things though; from the pictures it looks like AA's version will display better - we're finally seeing the benefits of the plastic bodies with good panel gaps and really crisp lines. On the other hand, LCD are better at the details and their version is full of lovely touches that will be appreciated by people who like to pick up and pore over the hidden details of a model. I'm not at all disappointed with my LCD version, yet I don't think I'd be disappointed with AA's either.

581 - 600 of 631 Posts