DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without any other alternatives for 1:18 scale Ford F-150 Raptor, I ended up getting both the GT Spirit releases on the 2nd and 3rd generation Raptors. I had the older car for a few years and did a photoshoot for it back then, you can see it here:
Ford F-150 Raptor White (GT Spirit)

Even though it’s sealed, but I really like the build quality and proportion of the older truck, GT Spirit was really on top of their game when they released the old Raptor.

For the newer 2021 truck, I decided to get the GT Spirit US-edition Raptor in Lead Foot Grey. The other color available from GT Spirit is the Orange. The 1st truck I got was completely a mess. The bed side was warped and the decals were applied crooked. So I exchanged it and the replacement truck is better, but it doesn’t feel like it’s built as well as the older truck (some roof paint imperfections and indentations on the back window). I am hoping this is an exception rather than the rule going forward for GT Spirit.

I love the Lead Foot Grey color, it really suits this truck well. GT Spirit also chose to replicate the “37” edition with its larger tires and the Rhapsody Blue optional interior.

This is totally personal taste, but in both 1:1 and 1:18, I feel like the old Raptor has so much more presence versus the newer Raptor.
On the road when I see the 2nd gen Raptor, I immediately recognized it as a Raptor. Not so much with the less aggressive new truck.

But regardless I like them both and happy to have both these 1:18 Raptors in my collection.

Here are some outdoor photos I took earlier. Scroll down for the photos with the older Raptor as well as some trailering photos.

Untitled by tanayast, on Flickr

by tanayast, on Flickr

by tanayast, on Flickr

by tanayast, on Flickr

by tanayast, on Flickr

by tanayast, on Flickr

by tanayast, on Flickr

by tanayast, on Flickr

by tanayast, on Flickr

by tanayast, on Flickr

by tanayast, on Flickr

by tanayast, on Flickr

by tanayast, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Super Moderator
12,869 Posts
Wow, Congrats Stefanus!!! 👏 Nice edition! I like the interior color, great contrast!
I agree, the face of the old truck is a lot more aggressive and interesting! I like the rear of the new truck better...but I probably would have went with orange, to hype up the fact that the newer Quad Cab is more conservatively styled(designed).
I only started collecting GT Spirit a year or two a go, so I don't know what their old quality was really like? However, I do like the few that I have. I think for resins, that company and Otto make a lot of sense, as they really aren't over the top for sealed casted materials. However, I do understand that some companies charge a lot more due to a lot of artisan hand painted details.
Congrats again and nice shots!😊 Cheers!🥂

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, Congrats Stefanus!!! 👏 Nice edition! I like the interior color, great contrast!
I agree, the face of the old truck is a lot more aggressive and interesting! I like the rear of the new truck better...but I probably would have went with orange, to hype up the fact that the newer Quad Cab is more conservatively styled(designed).
I only started collecting GT Spirit a year or two a go, so I don't know what their old quality was really like? However, I do like the few that I have. I think for resins, that company and Otto make a lot of sense, as they really aren't over the top for sealed casted materials. However, I do understand that some companies charge a lot more due to a lot of artisan hand painted details.
Congrats again and nice shots!😊 Cheers!🥂
Thanks Dave! :)
So far all the GT Spirit models I have are top notch in quality and craftmanship (and I still complained about the wavy side windows). That being said, on the new Raptor, it almost feels like it's assembled by different group of people. There are just small 'oopsies' here and there.

The orange version is good too! I was debating which to get but I like this shade of grey so much I ended up choosing this.

Glad you like the pics! :)

·
Super Moderator
12,869 Posts
Thanks Dave! :)
So far all the GT Spirit models I have are top notch in quality and craftmanship (and I still complained about the wavy side windows). That being said, on the new Raptor, it almost feels like it's assembled by different group of people. There are just small 'oopsies' here and there.

The orange version is good too! I was debating which to get but I like this shade of grey so much I ended up choosing this.

Glad you like the pics! :)
Again, my pleasure Stefanus! 😊
So far, I have been satisfied with the few GTS models that I have purchased. I just get used to resins having wavy side windows, just glad that they do make some models of overlooked automobiles. 😊
Cheers!🥂

1 - 5 of 5 Posts