DiecastXchange Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 Model of the Year - Best Model Company of the Year.

The rules:
  • Each model must match the category it is entered. It is not my responsibility or the mods to figure that out for you.
  • Every nomination will be accompanied by one (1) non-copyrighted image of the model. Pictures from manufacturers are OK, resellers pictures are allowed this year providing they haven't got large watermarks on them, or a watermark right across the model. You your own pictures or another members if they are OK with that
  • Maximum picture size will be 1024 X 768
  • Each model must be released in the year 2021..........not December 31st 2020 or on its way to retailers on the 31st of December 2021. It must be released and available to the public within the 2021 year.
  • There will be a budget Classes and high-end Classes nomination thread for each; this is for the retail price, not a special deal you got through a seller or manufacturer, don't try and sneak a CMC Maserati in the budget category
  • Each category must have at least five (5) nominations or I will start a voting thread.
  • Any nominations that does not follow the previously mentioned rules will not partake in the voting
The most important rule
  • Enjoy and please participate. This is what will make this event a lot of fun. And keep all discussion about the models, not tastes. We all have our favorites marques, but this is about the best model, not car.
Thank you all for reading & hopefully this year we can beat last years participation

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Gotta nominate Solido here. They have been impressing with some great models for a decent price. Sadly, said price went up a little during the year.

Also - Norev. They have stayed consistent with their releases and pricing for the most part. Just one plea for Norev - please, please stop using these round stickers to hold doors and hoods during transport as they leave big blobs of glue that are a pain to get rid off. Other than that, the models are great.

·
Forza
571 Posts
+1 for Solido & Norev. Especially Solido is storming the market with some proper models (considering the price).

Maybe I'm not making many friends with this, but I do want to nominate AutoArt. They're getting to grips with the 'new' material.
Recent adds (EB110SS, Senna) are excellent quality and just very good models. No matter how nice a Norev Merc displays,
there's always something special about an AA sitting in your cabinet..

·
Registered
731 Posts
AutoArt - For their commitment to fully-opening models that display exceptionally well, and being one of the few manufacturers to consistently put out such a diverse range of interesting subject matter.

Norev - For their commitment to (relatively) inexpensive yet high-quality models. One of the best 'bang for the buck' manufacturers today.

·
Administrator
34,158 Posts
I will nominate OttO Mobile, they are one maker that I have kept buying from this year. I konw they often make some really niche French models, but they are French. I'm not interested in those really, but they do lots of new releases so they get my nomination.

OttO Mobile.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
+1 for relatively new Chinese brands: LCD, Well, Almost Real, Kengfai, Super A
+1 for Norev completing the entire Mercedes portfolio, fingers crossed for maybe completing the BMW portfolio as well in the future, in particular the E39 M5 or 5 series!

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
For me it's Norev (again!) with Solido not far behind.
Neither is all that interested in endless super/hyper cars which I find to be utterly boring. :>)
And I don't have the hate for Kyosho - it gives me a chance to get subjects I didn't manage when they were first released (rally Delta and race Pantera).

·
Registered
52 Posts
+1 for AutoArt as well. Minor quibbles aside the few recent diecasts I got from them are topnotch. Haven't been exposed to their composite models yet so my opinion may change, just not this year.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Prices having gone haywire because of rising costs and to make worse for Indian collectors, very high import duties for diecast collectibles. Norev seems to be the only company that gives reasonable value for money for their models and they make the kind of cars from the era I collect and hence gets my vote for this category.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Autoart. I just don't think anyone really touches them for level of detail, scope, color offerings and price. Even with the increases, they still kill many higher priced resin pieces.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Laudoracing for me; the subject matter presses my buttons, the quality is very nice indeed and the aftersales/comms is excellent. It’s a very ‘human’ company.

Norev of course; i think it ‘knows’ it’s not very good at engines, so it lavishes all its attention on the external and interior features, often to a very impressive standard. I like its subjects, too.

Finally, Solido. Nice subjects, accurate shapes, plus some real effort to add extra value so you don’t get constantly reminded it is a budget model.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
CMR get a nomination from me.

Some great race and road cars at excellent prices.

I've been impressed, too, by Solido's racers recently, for their budget prices.

M

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.