Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
34,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Plant Vertebrate Rectangle Grass Font

Hi all,

David, D N'D-Land has very kindly accepted my invitation to help with the running of the 2021 Model of the Year competition, so a huge thank you to David for this.

As I'm involved with running several other contests, I'll take a back seat but I'll be on hand to help out.

And without further adieu let's kick off with the rules

This is the Official start of the "2021" Model of the Year Contest

Here we will talk about the contest and the spirit in which this contest will be held. I will go over rules and regulations of the event. And I will explain the timeline of events to follow.

It seems the most popular threads talk about the upcoming models of the year. I say, let's look back at a great year of models and find out what are the favourites. I will start threads for nominations and voting over the next few weeks.
The categories will be, but not limited to - Exotics and Sports cars, Sedans/Coupes/Convertibles, Muscle cars and Hot Rods, Motorsports, and motorcycles Trucks/SUVs/Haulers. And to make this appealing to all collectors, each will have Budget Classes, High-end Classes, Resin/Composite Class 1/18 & 12 & larger, 1/12th & larger die-cast, Best model company of the year, Worst/most disappointing model company of the year, Biggest Surprise Release Model of the year category. I think this will give everyone a chance to sit back and look at their new models and think about the great and not so great models of the year have been.

THE NOMINATIONS THREADS ARE NOW OPEN!! NOMINATIONS WILL RUN FOR TEN DAYS AND CLOSE ON THE 1ST JANUARY 2022, UK EVENING TIME.

VOTING WILL START TODAY, 2ND JANUARY & RUN FOR ONE WEEK. CLOSING ON THE 9TH JANUARY (UK EVENING TIME) AFTER THAT THE WINNER OF EACH CATEGORY WILL PUT INTO THE FINAL 'HEAD TO HEAD' VOTING CATEGORY TO DETERMINE THE DX 2021 MODEL OF THE YEAR WINNER!!!

The rules:
  • Each model must match the category it is entered. It is not my responsibility or the mods to figure that out for you.
  • Every nomination will be accompanied by one (1) image of the model. Pictures from manufacturers and resellers are OK, but please keep watermarked pictures to a minimum. If you post a picture with a huge watermark, or one right across the model we will not accept it. You can of course post your own pictures or another members if they are OK with that
  • Maximum picture size will be 1024 X 768
  • Each model must be released in the year 2021..........not December 30th 2020 or on its way to retailers on the 31st of December 2021. It must be released and available to the public within the 2021 year.
  • There will be a budget Classes and high-end Classes nomination thread for each; this is for the retail price, not a special deal you got through a seller or manufacturer, don't try and sneak a CMC Maserati in the budget category
  • Each category must have at least five (5) nominations or I will start a voting thread.
  • Any nominations that does not follow the previously mentioned rules will not partake in the voting
The most important rule
  • Enjoy and please participate. This is what will make this event a lot of fun. And keep all discussion about the models, not tastes. We all have our favorites marques, but this is about the best model, not car.
  • Thank you all for reading & hopefully this year we can beat last years participation. In order to achieve maximum promotion, which we hope will lead to greater interest, the thread will posted as a highlighted thread on the home page - simply click on the rectangular box under the DiecastXchange logo on the main / front page.

THE CONTEST IS NOW LIVE, SO PLEASE...

Plant Vertebrate Rectangle Grass Font

·
Administrator
34,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi all,

Please see the amendment to the rules - the rule of,
  • Only original releases allowed. This means no repaints, re-releases, upgraded, or any other modification. Spoilers and stripes do not make it a new model
Has now been removed this is because we feel that if it is there it seriously restricts the number of models that can be nominated. If the model was released this year, in 2021 as per the dates given in the rules it is ok to be nominated.

Thanks.
Craig

·
Administrator
34,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi all,

Please keep the nominations coming!!

Thanks.
Craig

·
Administrator
34,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi all,
All voting threads are now open!! So please be sure to check them out and cast your votes.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.