DiecastXchange Forum banner
241 - 260 of 271 Posts

·
Administrator
33,294 Posts
Septembers models. Only one month mentioned this time round.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
The biggest weakness with the Peugeot 406 is the position of the rear wheels in the wheel wells.
It's interesting (to me anyway) is that there is no good good image of the side of the model.
I have said all along that the only way to solve the issue is with a very thin metal strip across the top of the wheel arch.
This could be integrated into the resin and then painted over.
AUTOart have shown that adding metal to resin is possible.
However it would add to the cost of production.

·
Administrator
33,294 Posts
I'm pumped for that Laguna!! Been wanting one for years!!!

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
More supply delays, not enough space on container ships.
I guess there are more important products that require priority.
Details on their facebook page.

·
Forza Ferrari!
508 Posts
Unfortunately it's not about importance. Currently the general rule is if you pay a premium, you get a container and a realistic chance of a timely departure.
But there's zero guarantee that your booking becomes an actual shipment. Container rates have increased over 1000% in the past year, making the logistical
costs especially for small companies like Otto very painful. We can only hope these costs won't start flowing into the products any time soon..

Reactions: Arnage

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Otto may have to consider moving production completely.
They say they would like to produce in France, but costs are too high.
I wonder if an over land option is possible?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
They said they set-up what looks like a pilot production line in France. For sure costs will be high.
And it would avoid the shipment from China to Europe but not the transport out to non-European customers.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
I still wonder why Z models can't have a distribution point based somewhere in the US.
Models for Europe go to headquarters and for outside of Europe shipped straight to North America.
In this age of reducing carbon footprints, shipping half way around the world and then shipping across the Atlantic or down to OZ/NZ is foolish.
It would seem that some EU based retailers are already doing something of this sort as is......

·
Administrator
33,294 Posts

In our last newsletter we told you about a large number of upcoming projects.

Here is one of them: the Peugeot 306 Maxi of François Delecour at the Rallye-Monte Carlo 1998 ... at 1 / 12th scale !!! 😮😍😍

This model should be available at the end of the year! 🙂

241 - 260 of 271 Posts