DiecastXchange Forum banner
281 - 300 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Oh dear. I planned to add the S8 no matter the color; the D2 being my favorite generation. Silver is iconic, yes, but I won't shed a tear over missing that color.

Now that it's green?! I am all over this.

FOMO intensifies.

·
Administrator
33,544 Posts

A little 🦁 will roar in November!

The Peugeot 206 RC in 1:18 is our third Club model for November.

See you on Friday August 13 to discover the competition model! 😉

Pre-orders open: early September.
Price: 59.90 € + shipping costs

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I hope the 'competition' model is interesting.
Nothing else has been (to me).
Then we have to ask, if you order one of these releases, when are you likely to see it? :unsure:
I wonder if the date of Friday the 13th is any kind of hint......

·
Administrator
33,544 Posts
The Laguna they already mentioned, which is the competition model.

Prepare your levers, the Renault Laguna BTCC at 1:18 is coming soon!
This is indeed our competition model for the November Club! 😍😍

Rendezvous Monday to discover the last model of the Club of November 😉

Pre-orders open: early September.
Price: 69.90 € + shipping costs

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
That Laguna is the most exciting model Otto have done for ages. Still like and bought others, but this is a must. Now they need to make a 406 in the green / gold livery & a Rydell 850 estate.
This is what makes this hobby great (despite the stupid prices of models these days).

I would have taken 1 look and that and thought "who on earth would want that?" thinking it's a race version of a boring family car, and I didn't think it was even an icon racer like the 850R wagon or the Mondeo.

Yet here we sit with someone super excited about it, and the fact that manufacturers are actually able to make these sort of obscure models to satisfy the demand.

It's a good time to be a collector if you have the pockets to buy everything that comes out, as it seems like as there is so much variety now.

Now someone make a Fiesta ST, Morgan 3 wheeler & 993 speedster to satisfy my quirky tastes :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yeah I much prefer they come out with an eclectic mix of wacky stuff which are at least unique. Instead of GT Spirit making iterations and iterations of RS6 avants and 911 RWBs. Or ignition models re-making subject matters already made by other manufacturers like the R33 400R, 911 RWBs. And AUTOart making variants and variants of lamborghinis, mclarens, R34s.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Yeah I much prefer they come out with an eclectic mix of wacky stuff which are at least unique. Instead of GT Spirit making iterations and iterations of RS6 avants and 911 RWBs. Or ignition models re-making subject matters already made by other manufacturers like the R33 400R, 911 RWBs. And AUTOart making variants and variants of lamborghinis, mclarens, R34s.
Well, this Honda is neither eclectic or wacky.
It IS ugly, and at the very least Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond agree with me.
Resin manufacturers are in a spiral of diminishing returns at the moment, churning out more and more duplicates.
Have none of these people ever heard of the phrase 'saturation point'?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
It IS ugly, and at the very least Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond agree with me.
Resin manufacturers are in a spiral of diminishing returns at the moment, churning out more and more duplicates.
Have none of these people ever heard of the phrase 'saturation point'?
I actually didn't minf that series of Civic Type R. It was the last good one before they started looking like robot vomit. But that just serves to my point above about different tastes.

As for your comment about saturation, this is something I've been wondering for years, especially with the increasing cost of models, but I guess they must be selling, otherwise they would not keep pumping out cars I guess :/

·
Registered
410 Posts
It IS ugly,
Agree it is ugly, at least it is unique. now we have to see AUTOart remake their entire catalogue in composite. At insane prices. In 4 colors. Hopefully the windows don’t fall apart like the resin ones. RWBs and LBs were nice when they first came out, but I got tired of them v quickly.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
As for your comment about saturation, this is something I've been wondering for years, especially with the increasing cost of models, but I guess they must be selling, otherwise they would not keep pumping out cars I guess :/

The trick is watch which models start to become discounted, and how many retailers follow suit.
I watch with amusement how each version of the 1/12th scale 2CV has been on sale almost from release.
And they still haven't sold out. :>)
I wonder if this is why 'Z models' has ground to a halt?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Can't agree this is ugly, it's the last Civic that looked decent, imo.

I thought for a long time I might buy one of these (the real thing), but they're too long in the tooth now.

Looney's remark "Robot Vomit" sums up everything that came after, so far, very well!

It's almost as if the adult designer moved to another company and they let some children loose with crayons and their comics to design everything after that! :D

M

·
Administrator
33,544 Posts
I'm in for the FN2.. I mentioned in a thread about another Civic Type R that I was surprised no one's made one yet, then this was announced. Happy days!!
Hopefully a White one or a Mugen version will come too.

·
Administrator
33,544 Posts

A Japanese woman can hide another. Here is the first model for the December Club: the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III at 1:18!

Pre-orders for this miniature will begin in early September. See you on Saturday to discover the second model for December

·
Administrator
33,544 Posts
I will get one, I didn't get an Ignition one or one from OneModel, so I am glad this one's coming. It's probably my least favourite one apart from the Evolution, II and VII (I just never liked the wheels on the VII) The IV onwards was the sweet spot for me.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Loving the Evo. Very nice subject matter and hardly an alternative for this car in 1:18. Definitely getting this!

281 - 300 of 332 Posts