DiecastXchange Forum banner
41 - 60 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Are the seat belts rubber or fabric on the diablo? some of the new models that i bought recently have only rubber, even the 1:12 Ford GT 2017 i got the rubber belts only.
The SVJ also has rubber seat belt, it is hard to see, but it is there.
On Diablo they're fabric

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I can't believe I'm saying this, but my first feelings toward the AA Diablo SE30 Jota, after looking at the non-edited pics above, are of total disappointment. :confused:

The shape look a bit odd, particularly the rear quarters. Could be all due to the angles the pics were taken, maybe. Also the interior is too plain, it doesn't reflect the plush alcantara on the 1:1.

Generally speaking, the execution lacks finesse from all sides and angles, the fit and finish doesn't look the best, particularly for a model that will hit the shops close to €300.

It would have to be f-ing amazing for me to part with that sort of money. And I'm sad to say, to me it isn't.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I can't believe I'm saying this, but my first feelings toward the AA Diablo SE30 Jota, after looking at the non-edited pics above, are of total disappointment. :confused:

The shape look a bit odd, particularly the rear quarters. Could be all due to the angles the pics were taken, maybe. Also the interior is too plain, it doesn't reflect the plush alcantara on the 1:1.

Generally speaking, the execution lacks finesse from all sides and angles, the fit and finish doesn't look the best, particularly for a model that will hit the shops close to €300.

It would have to be f-ing amazing for me to part with that sort of money. And I'm sad to say, to me it isn't.

The pearl white and purple colors look good, but as mentioned the interior looks off. Really need a review with more pictures.

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
That Diablo looks really good. A big step forward for AA, I think. Looking forward to adding the purple car to the collection.

·
Registered
58 Posts
So we all agree that 72775 (in blue box) has not appeared in the movie, but does such a car exit outside the movie?
It appears in the first film. The 'Road Warrior' version (from the sequel) is the same car modified to survive the wastelands and showing years of wear. That's why it's missing all seats but the drivers, has drums in place of the tank, etc.

It is based off the Australian Ford Falcon XB with a fibreglass concorde nose originally designed as an aftermarket acessory for the Holden Monaro. As the movies came after the XB ended production the nose was never offered as an option. Not sure if there ever was a nose made for the Falcon specifically as it took some work to get it to fit.

Also all the movie versions have the toilet attached to the left door, 72775 doesn't.
I think it's meant to be a dog seat even though it does look like a toilet.

For me personally, the most important "gimmick" is the detachable front bumper as it transforms the Mad Max version to a "standard" XB Falcon.
In case you didn't see the second film, Max rams into a scavengers car destroying the fibreglass nose. The rest of the film the car is noseless until its blown up. The removable clips allows you to replicate that 'look'. The car looks quite different from its XB origins.

I suspect that Autoart paid for licensing rights when they produced the Road Warrior version back in 2007 to encourage the movie tie in (and sales), hence why there were images from the film on the box. But they let the rights expire for subsequent versions including this one therefore they do not refer to it as the film version. It's only a guess though.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks Lambo, those images of the purple Diablo really help sell the model. The interior does seem to have texture to them.

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Oooof my wallet is running in fear of these releases for 2022 hahaha! That Jota and GT2 RS look great from the photos. Hopefully the QA is on par when fully released.

·
Registered
244 Posts
It is such a shame that Autoart went through the trouble to place such nice hinges on the engine boot, just to not be able to see anything. I know this is Porsche`s fault, but this model could have benefited from a removable engine cover. I remember an old RX-8 and some Lexus models had removable engine covers.

41 - 60 of 108 Posts