DiecastXchange Forum banner
761 - 780 of 828 Posts

·
Automotive Engineer
207 Posts
Question to Lambo: Do you know if AutoArt will be releasing the additional New Colors for the Koenigsegg Regera's? I thought a Yellow one with black Carbon stripes was suppose to follow the current ones already out? Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Ciao!!!

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #764 ·
Question to Lambo: Do you know if AutoArt will be releasing the additional New Colors for the Koenigsegg Regera's? I thought a Yellow one with black Carbon stripes was suppose to follow the current ones already out? Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Ciao!!!
.on the website 5 colors for Regera Ghost are mentioned. So far no sample shown, also nornal Regera not sold out, so i guess they don't have hurry and we have to wait a while.
Jesko sample was shown so i guess that one could come next year

·
Registered
31 Posts
The AA quality is so much higher than the Minichamps 2.7 from a static 'perfect' perspective. I just couldn't stand the rough panel lines and lower quality paint. I've been purging heavily and adding old man models like CMC and Minichamps just doesn't make the cut. Only ones I have left are a few F1 cars, the Maseriati Ghibli, and the NewMan 956. Ironically I got rid of the CMC 901 because most of their more 'modern' full body cars look a bit clumsy and heavy handed and also kept the AA version. CMC really hit their stride on older classics.. Sill think the kyosho 250 GTO has a stand-off edge on the CMC, at some point going to add BBR wire wheels to it, but their 250 Testarossa is bliss. AA does have that 'look' to them that just works, even if not 100% accurate. I have just about all of their their 53-86 Corvettes, wouldn't consider anyone else's. The AA 2.7 just does it's job better on the shelf.
Thank you for this explanation. I lean towards the stance and presence above all else, so your insight is valuable for me. I've only recently added some Minichamps models and up until that point I had a general 'comparable to Autoart' notion in my head based on what I've seen and read here. I guess the ones I have are some their better ones, because I can't see the issues mentioned.

I've also recently discovered the world of picture comparisons to 1:1s and it never ceases to amaze me. On one hand, I cannot grasp why even some Autoarts are massively off (cue in the old V8 Vantage) while others look like almost real-life representations of their subjects. On the other, I'm awestruck every time I realize how much of it I don't notice until some other manufacturer decides to replicate it or I see the exact same detail/angle compared to the real car. But the thing that makes me really scratch my head is when I encounter something that I know is off, like the roofline of Alfetta GTV or the elongated rear ends of Minichamps' 300 SL or CMC's Atlantic, but it does not bother me at all.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Those wheels might come in handy for a wheel swap on a volcano red p1.

I would have gone with amethyst black(dark purple) for the p1. (black wheel/calipers) and or (gunmetal/silver wheels, silver/orange brake calipers)

Ah well. I'm still waiting for the Acid green GT2RS.

I wish they'd crank out a ZL1 1LE already..

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
How's the quality in the SVJs? I am still waiting to see maybe those new colors. The arancio would be nice. Is really annoying to wait to see those GT3RS Weissach, I want that green version. I think it will be my first new AA in a long time, unless they make some 993 carrera RS or the 911GT. I am a sucker for that generation, for me it was the most beautiful of all.

761 - 780 of 828 Posts