DiecastXchange Forum banner
81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
The AA is fully opening, I think it will hold its value in the long term, the GTS Jesko? I'm not sure.

May I ask why you ALWAYS refer to future values? Its almost like you think this hobby is an investment or something? That seems odd to me, why be so preoccupied with values of something that is supposed to be for pleasure and leisure? I am certain that my personal collection is worth WAY more than I paid but I don't care because I am not selling it anytime soon. I just want to enjoy it until I am ready to sell and then Frankly I just will be happy to let Replicarz pay me whatever they want and sell them for a profit to other collectors so they can enjoy them. I want my home to increase in value, my retirement plan and I am actually quite thrilled to know if I need to sell my Vette I could get my money back and even make money. But toy cars. I am not even insuring them for anywhere near what they are worth. I already spend to much on them! LOL! Anyways I hope you are not offended by this I just notice you seem to REALLY fixate on future values. I knew of a collector who did that a lot, ALWAYS checking Ebay, then he died and his collection was sold for a fraction of what it was probably worth. The hobby is gonna always do well, values will always be strong for good models. You can count on that, just sit back and enjoy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That Jesko sample looks pretty rough. Also it is ironic that GTS just announced that car today themselves. The GTS will be MUCH cheaper and for me that may not, even be, incentive enough to buy a model of this car. I like Kegg's but the Jesko is WAY out there, like the Gumpert IE or something.
Once again, it's a bummer that Autoart didn't do the Agera R

·
Registered
55 Posts
For me, regardless of the added value, it is the finesse and precision of the reproduction that would make me choose the AUTOart and not the GTS. For the same budget, I would rather buy an AA than two GTS. But it's up to each person to know what he or she prefers in his or her collection, there is no right or wrong way.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
And it will cost over $150 less than the AA I can live with that "thick paint" in order to save that kind of cash. That is enough to pay for another model!
The problem is that the thick paint hides the sharpness of the shape, here's the AA:

And here's the GTS:

No contest, the AA absolutely kills the GTS. There are companies making 1/43s that look better and sharper than the GTS. I understand that it's cheaper but in this case you really are getting what you pay for.
What's with the white A-pillar too?

·
Forza
573 Posts
Since it's so very obviously wrong, I couldn't. Then again, I don't like any Koenigsegg so that saves money big time :LOL:
However with those SE30's coming, the hole in my wallet will be substantial anyway LOL.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
The problem is that the thick paint hides the sharpness of the shape, here's the AA:

** Removed **

And here's the GTS:

** Removed **

No contest, the AA absolutely kills the GTS.
I would expect the AA to be better than the GTS, but, to me, the GTS looks out of focus, so I'm sure the AA would look worse if that wasn't as sharp.

M

·
Registered
107 Posts
So...will Autoart ever do normal Japanese sports cars? They just keep doing these exotic cars which I have zero interest towards.
I want them to do cars like the Silvia's, RX-7's, STI's, Evo's etc.....(yes i know they made some in diecast but those are too expensive)
Anybody have insight on this? Any sources with them doing those cars...or are they planning to just stick with exotic cars?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
So...will Autoart ever do normal Japanese sports cars? They just keep doing these exotic cars which I have zero interest towards.
I want them to do cars like the Silvia's, RX-7's, STI's, Evo's etc.....(yes i know they made some in diecast but those are too expensive)
Anybody have insight on this? Any sources with them doing those cars...or are they planning to just stick with exotic cars?
They have just released the R34 and NSX-R, and few years ago they had all kinds of diecast JDM stuff like the 22B STi, R32/Devil Z from the Wangan Midnight series, Hachiroku, R32 and RX7 from the Initial D movies. Just to name a few.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Well the 70s Celica is coming out, the Kenmeri was just released, the 4 door Hako is coming. The Z-tune is coming. They just released the regular R34 GT-R and the NA2 NSX. Before they released the Reina R32. I mean that's pretty good lol. No one knows anything until they reveal what they're working on at the Nuremberg toy fair.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Haven't they all been done to death over the years? Aside from you missing out on them at good prices, I can't see any reason they'd keep rereleasing stuff they already made. They've done that with very few models, I don't see them doing it often. At least with some of these, they've never been done anywhere close to this price range before. The Frontiart Jesko is around $700ish

·
Registered
84 Posts
Also there is a model forthcoming of the Grman or Century or GRMN or something like that. It is most certainly a very elegant japenase Salon barge and will be quite highly desired apparently. It is not so sporty like those you mentioned but I thought somebody should mention it nonetheless.

·
Registered
107 Posts
They have just released the R34 and NSX-R, and few years ago they had all kinds of diecast JDM stuff like the 22B STi, R32/Devil Z from the Wangan Midnight series, Hachiroku, R32 and RX7 from the Initial D movies. Just to name a few.
Well the 70s Celica is coming out, the Kenmeri was just released, the 4 door Hako is coming. The Z-tune is coming. They just released the regular R34 GT-R and the NA2 NSX. Before they released the Reina R32. I mean that's pretty good lol. No one knows anything until they reveal what they're working on at the Nuremberg toy fair.
Haven't they all been done to death over the years? Aside from you missing out on them at good prices, I can't see any reason they'd keep rereleasing stuff they already made. They've done that with very few models, I don't see them doing it often. At least with some of these, they've never been done anywhere close to this price range before. The Frontiart Jesko is around $700ish
Also there is a model forthcoming of the Grman or Century or GRMN or something like that. It is most certainly a very elegant japenase Salon barge and will be quite highly desired apparently. It is not so sporty like those you mentioned but I thought somebody should mention it nonetheless.
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Really appreciate your replies.
I think I will hunt down those old Diecast versions than if you guys say there is a very slim chance or re-release.
I was just holding back from the older models expect possible future re-releases since I saw they re-released the R34.

·
Testa Rossa
337 Posts
Just came to know that the diablo's doors are not spring loaded nor has a button on the door just like the ones on the SVJ or lp670 or reventon.
Wish it had that feature. I love those details from Autoart.
I remember the first time when i opened the reventon and the doors sprung up. I was like completely surprised & it felt awesome. That was in 2009 i think.

81 - 100 of 108 Posts