DiecastXchange Forum banner
281 - 300 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
That's the 3rd color of this model, so far nothing interesting for me out of the 6 published cars. Hoping for some nice things yet to come for September :)

·
Administrator
34,875 Posts
I'm not so keen on it in Black, but I might get one. I had it in Blue a while ago and sold it on (then prices went crazy) weirdly both of the R32 licence plates fell off of it so I had to re glue them. I've never had that on their models before and I have a lot of them.

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
More repaints.
Can't they come up with something unique again - like the recent Vauxhall Chevette rally car?
Unlike the majority of recent subjects which are the same or close to what is already on the market from others.
And if you compare their 190E (dodgy shape and crap headlights) with that form Norev, what are they trying to achieve?
Anyone for a Clouseau Silver Hornet 2CV? (I am being sarcastic - the world does not need another bloody tin snail).

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I think they probably have the monthly quota to meet so if they are short on a new subjects that month they probably just roll the dice and pick some past models to be remade with fresh coat of paint? I was told before that resin models can only be produced in low quantity as the mold will worn out much quicker and becomes unusable after couple thousands were made? If they can keep re-release the same model in different shade of colour won't that dispel that myth then and their justification for low "limited" releases??

In some cases I don't really mind re-releases in different colours i.e. the wildly popular BMW E39 M5. I finally get one after the 3rd or 4th iteration of the M5 releases in various colours.

·
Administrator
34,875 Posts
Ford Mk3 Fiesta RS Turbo then in White!! :love: But a nice / proper white colour like Ford used, not an off White like most of the White models seem to be.

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
I think they probably have the monthly quota to meet so if they are short on a new subjects that month they probably just roll the dice and pick some past models to be remade with fresh coat of paint?

So this is the selection process used!
How did find this out, and have you any more insider information? :LOL:

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I think they probably have the monthly quota to meet so if they are short on a new subjects that month they probably just roll the dice and pick some past models to be remade with fresh coat of paint?

So this is the selection process used!
How did find this out, and have you any more insider information? :LOL:
Not at all just a wild guess. Pretty sure they won’t be able to produce 5 new models every month so naturally some re-releases in different colors is a strong possibility?

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
That Renault reminds me of reversing into a sapling that I swear sprang up out of nowhere, breaking my low mounted fog light.
I can just imagine my horror at seeing my picnic coffee table being crushed by a similar accident! :p

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not at all just a wild guess. Pretty sure they won’t be able to produce 5 new models every month so naturally some re-releases in different colors is a strong possibility?
Yes, it's impossible to launch 5 new molds per month. Also, don't forget that we have a huge amount of new models (modern ones, rally...) in the pipeline.
Also, we have a lot of request for new colors (like the R32) of previous models.
As explained in a video, we have to deal with licensing agreements, factory capacity, and a lot of other factors that can affect our plans.

It's also funny to see that some of those who criticize the lack of 100% new models are the first to ask for a new color/version for other models. :p

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
Also, we have a lot of request for new colors (like the R32) of previous models.

Please don't bother with yet more R32 variants (the market is saturated) - we need an entry level R31, ideally Solido with opening doors.
A lot of collectors go on about replicas of JDM or low production original cars, that is the GTS-R to a tee.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hello CatRM,
In January, the nine modern models planned for direct special sales were announced for 2022. Do you have any deadlines planned, as the half-year mark has passed?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,191 Posts

Please don't bother with yet more R32 variants (the market is saturated) - we need an entry level R31, ideally Solido with opening doors.
A lot of collectors go on about replicas of JDM or low production original cars, that is the GTS-R to a tee.
@CatRM was referring to the Golf R32, not a GT-R 😉

281 - 300 of 322 Posts