DiecastXchange Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 630 Posts
Founded this on internet. Possibly photoshoped?
Both the purple and the red look to me like Photoshop job, just someone playing with the Hue slider to change the color.

Although the Purple is also (along with the red as Mike posted above) on the AA website, but no photo of it yet: McLaren Speedtail (Lantana Purple) | AUTOart

Still, it looks quite accurate:
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Here is a comparison of the two-wheel types on the real-deal EVO , both look good but these pictures made me conclude that the black wheels actually do look better on the Blu Glauco
what do you guys think of the two variations AUTOart provides on the Huracan model ?

View attachment 287435
the silver wheels look best to my eyes although i'd like the yellow calipers as well.

Here are some images from the AUTOart European Facebook page, they have all 5 colors posted, however again another example of some of the colors looking different especially on the Xanto (orange ) car , Here is the picture of the green (Verde Selvans) is also very nice with red calipers that is sharp and really stands out. As you can see the orange color (Orancio Xanto) looks a little more vibrant in this image versus what we have seen posted on this thread, this example of orange is much ! much ! nicer in my opinion.The Blue (Blu Glauco also slightly different hue.

Here is the link for the FaceBook page if you want to see all five colors
AUTOart Models Europe

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

The green one looks very nice, outside and inside! :love:(y)

Edit: well, now that I looked at the pics a second time, I don't like what seems to be some sort of "overspray finish" on the corner of the dash (see where I circled in red):

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

Here's a pic of the 1:1

Automotive design Automotive tire Personal luxury car Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system

AA had done a much better job on the previous "standard" Huracan release - here's a pic of mine as an example, note how much better finished that same area is:

Vehicle Wheel Hood Car Automotive tire

I'm easy with either set of wheels.

Paint looks weird considering it's factory paint. The green one has a strange chicken skin texture to the base coat, the kind you get when you don't wet sand the primer smooth before the base coat, and there looks to be a bump under the paint right below the headlight in the front 3 quarter pic.

In the official facebook photos shown above, it looks like the mirrors of the blue Glauco are too much oriented upwards, unlike those of the orange Xanto and the green Selvans, which seem to be correctly positioned.

Paint looks weird considering it's factory paint. The green one has a strange chicken skin texture to the base coat, the kind you get when you don't wet sand the primer smooth before the base coat, and there looks to be a bump under the paint right below the headlight in the front 3 quarter pic.
I would say it looks like an issue with the base metallic paint that looks granular just like we can see quite often on Otto's silver metallic paint jobs. Or maybe just an issue with lighting but I doubt it.

Discussion starter · #97 ·
New Porsche 918 colors...finally able to get a nice replacement for the silver which i've got at start which was like half satin painted. Reserved some space for Chrome Blue

77920 1/18 PORSCHE 918 SPYDER WEISSACH PACKAGE (WHITE/RED INTERIOR)
77921 1/18 PORSCHE 918 SPYDER WEISSACH PACKAGE (ACID GREEN)
77922 1/18 PORSCHE 918 SPYDER WEISSACH PACKAGE (LIQUID METAL SILVER)
77923 1/18 PORSCHE 918 SPYDER WEISSACH PACKAGE (LIQUID METAL CHROME BLUE)

Liquid Metal Chrome Blue

Liquid Metal Silver

Acid Green

81 - 100 of 630 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.