DiecastXchange Forum banner
41 - 60 of 122 Posts

· Registered
7,661 Posts
I like touring car race models, but I just can't generate any fondness for these France only cars.
The regulations for group A precluded a front runner in the category, so 'Superproduction' was heavily promoted.
The underlying rules were custom designed to favour locally built cars, as any entry list and results will show.
You could argue the value of such an approach either way, judgement could be made by how well know the category is known internationally.

· Administrator
35,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
January & February's

· Administrator
35,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I was excited for the Cecotto M5 but not with those wheels. I know 'wheel swap' etc but I doubt I'll get one. I was quite interested in the E60 M5 & Fiesta ST too, but I'll wait and see if other colours come along.

· Registered
3,623 Posts
It’s weird. I don’t think the wheels on the M5 are that nice. They look like the plastic wheel trims from a diesel. Yet… I like them on that M5. I can’t explain it.

Of that lot, I like the Alpine (but not those wheels), I like the Skyline a lot, the Golf is fun and I think the R21 is pretty cool. Not sure I’ll get any, though. If I did it would be the Nissan.

· Registered
346 Posts
It’s weird. I don’t think the wheels on the M5 are that nice. They look like the plastic wheel trims from a diesel. Yet… I like them on that M5. I can’t explain it.
I like these rims. Today they look obsolete and effectively plastic hubcaps, but at the time they looked both stylish and sporty. The E34 also had them on the 535i (which, strangely enough, made more of an impression on me than the M5). Anyway, I'm glad OttO chose these rims, which are very much in line with the times of this model.

· Administrator
35,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
The TME Mitsubishi Lancer is sold out now.

· Registered
3,623 Posts
I like these rims. Today they look obsolete and effectively plastic hubcaps, but at the time they looked both stylish and sporty. The E34 also had them on the 535i (which, strangely enough, made more of an impression on me than the M5). Anyway, I'm glad OttO chose these rims, which are very much in line with the times of this model.
I think they looked like wheel trims from day one :) I am glad this model has them, because it’s rare to see an M5 with them.

· Administrator
35,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I think they looked like wheel trims from day one :) I am glad this model has them, because it’s rare to see an M5 with them.
That's what I think about them too, I'm also not keen that they make the car look like it has White banded tyres. I didn't realise that they have a function. I'm still not a fan of them though. Function over form: BMW M-System "Turbine" wheels

I just learnt this about throwing stars too,

· Registered
3,623 Posts
That's what I think about them too, I'm also not keen that they make the car look like it has White banded tyres. I didn't realise that they have a function. I'm still not a fan of them though. Function over form: BMW M-System "Turbine" wheels

I just learnt this about throwing stars too,
I had forgotten that I knew that! About those wheel trims being designed to aid brake cooling. I think that’s why I liked them; for their functionality rather than their form. It’s all coming back now. Those wheels are the connoisseur’s choice :) But I didn’t know the throwing stars were basically trims, too. Although that makes sense. Every day’s a school day! :)

· Administrator
35,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·

From tomorrow, meet every two days on our social networks to discover the 10 models that will make up the OttO Club of March/April 😉

· Registered
301 Posts
I hope it’s nothing I want. I don’t have the cash nor the space. :D

Otto’s offerings historically have been very in my wheelhouse and had I been back in the hobby when they first launched I’d be much poorer. Some of their early offerings would be quite nice to have.

41 - 60 of 122 Posts