DiecastXchange Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 609 Posts
Yes, it is a little. The door where it meets the top of the windscreen ares looks a bit too rounded. Also, the wheels are a tad too big, they look more like 19" rather than the 18" they should be.
I've looked at my real car, & yes, the part from approx in in line with the aerial to in line with the door handle is way too rounded. It needs to be flatter.

Discussion starter · #83 ·
The Mk8 Golf GTi is pretty cool, but I hate those wheels!

So Otto is now doing a Minichamps thing. Milking popular models/molds. As much as I love the Alpina posted above, it's not much more than the same red M5 Touring from a few rounds back with different wheels and a different front bumper.

Today, Otto mailed their dealers announcing the following:

The green colored Minichamps was extremely popular and was very sought after. Otto came with the RS in green and then white, which were bestsellers too. But now these clowncars of the RS are being released in 5 different versions lol. I still see those colored versions from Minichamps regularly for sale for a few bucks because they're simply not desirable and let's say, not quite easy on the eyes too. Poor judgement from Otto from my perspective.

So Otto is now doing a Minichamps thing. Milking popular models/molds. As much as I love the Alpina posted above, it's not much more than the same red M5 Touring from a few rounds back with different wheels and a different front bumper.

Today, Otto mailed their dealers announcing the following:

The green colored Minichamps was extremely popular and was very sought after. Otto came with the RS in green and then white, which were bestsellers too. But now these clowncars of the RS are being released in 5 different versions lol. I still see those colored versions from Minichamps regularly for sale for a few bucks because they're simply not desirable and let's say, not quite easy on the eyes too. Poor judgement from Otto from my perspective.
Those Focus' all look terrible. the stock colours (especially the green) is the go-to for that car IMO.

Discussion starter · #93 ·
Shown yesterday..

Postcard from Brazil to unveil the third model of April: the Volkswagen SP2! See you on Thursday for the fourth April Club model. Opening of pre-orders: early February Price: 69.90€ + shipping costs Scale: 1/18

I'm giving up on Otto.
I like to consider myself as a petrolhead of several decades who has keep a close eye on cars from around the globe.
I've never heard of this Volkswagen and could hardly care less about it as a subject.
Just how many more obscure and irrelevant subjects are Otto going to produce?
I can only hope the more desirable and mainstream subjects still waiting to be produced in 1/18th scale will arrive from Solido.

Discussion starter · #95 ·
I thought it was a Datsun or something. I guess if people are a die hard VW fan it will appeal, but it's not for me.

I'm giving up on Otto.
I like to consider myself as a petrolhead of several decades who has keep a close eye on cars from around the globe.
I've never heard of this Volkswagen and could hardly care less about it as a subject.
Just how many more obscure and irrelevant subjects are Otto going to produce?
I can only hope the more desirable and p subjects still waiting to be produced in 1/18th scale will arrive from Solido.
I too had never heard of this tadpole like car earlier until Hot Wheels made one a few years ago. As expected it was a peg warmer atleast where I am. A bit surprised Otto announced it. They must be having a huge customer base in Brazil.

81 - 100 of 609 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.