DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went away earlier in the summer and had a chance to stop off at the 24 Hours of Le Mans Museum. Overall, a good museum with some very fine pieces (including a number of non racers and motorcycles) although many of the greats are not part of the collection. My favourite part was, of course, their collection of approximately 3,000 1:43 diecasts of Le Mans racers through the years as well as the beautiful dioramas they built for a few of them. Also had the chance to check out parts of the track and watch a bit of some 2-wheeled racing that was going on the day I went. Enjoy!

·
Administrator
34,981 Posts
It looks a great place!! I saw that Bentley once and it was still covered in dead bug and stuff, it got goosebumps! I love it!

I love their displays too, great stuff! The Aprilia looks great too!

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Looks like a great place indeed - didn’t know that they have such a museum at Le Mans.
But it makes a Lot of sense of course.
Thanks for sharing!
I went to the race in 2000, wasn’t aware of the museum, but all my focus was on the racing.

Would love to go back, museum is clearly worth spending time there.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad everyone enjoyed the shots. It's a fair sized place and I could've spent more time there, but with a 5 year old there's only so much lingering one can do (not complaining since they enjoyed it as well). Of course I went a little wild in the gift shop snatching up some Spark diecasts ( I couldn't resist after seeing their incredible collection)!

And I would LOVE to know the story behind that Citroen "missile":
Its a great display! I'll see if I took a photo of the description explaining it as I can't recall what it was about.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts