DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1/24 Dropstars Chrysler 300C with a vengeance. Observing many 300Cs in and out of carshows, you'll always see more than one with lambo doors. So, I've decided to create one. This was a super easy custom that took me no more than 10 minutes. In the process I had to sacrifice a door panel (actually, accidently broke it off) anyways, off with the pics!

SMILE FOR ME BABY!

LET ME SEE YOUR GRILL!

:silly:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I am going to do my Veyron like that :lol

Seriously, thanks for sharing, just a bit tooo much for me though.

I am very interested in seeing how you pulled this off because it is an interesting mod and not something we typically see. Can you post some pics of the hinges you used or write a tutorial for everyone to view.

I know you mostly for your high rise trucks, when I read the title, I was thinking you made this into a high rise 4x4 :giggle

Nice creativity :nicejob

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
:eek:mg ...those wheels... :scared

...way too big....... they don't even touch the ground equally.......:scared

...but you did a great job on the doors......

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Jim (JWP79) must see this, he will love it!

Not for me but you did a nice job :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Sorry for the late reply~
well, it's not that hard to do but as you can see, I have broken a door panel from my excitement. Its more of a precision deal when it comes to something like this. I didn't add any custom hinges on it. All I did was grind off sections of the bracket of the hinge and door. I can't actually show you how it is done unless I create another one. Some cars have different types of hinges. The last thing I was supposed to do but damaged the panel was to have it trimmed or cut to meet the specs of the door to rise in order for it to not touch the hinge bracket. I have done the same on my Z06 Corvette. remember that? Let me see what I can do to show you. I can probably take a picture of the inside and describe it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.