DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
I did this last year for a customer, some guys who know me here from one of the other chat boards have seen this already. Anyway, the customer supplied the diecast and stock wheels and deck spoiler then I did the side skirts, front air dam and a few other little mods plus the repaint. I also had to make the rear wheels deeper so match his car. Since the pic size here is limited I will post this in 4 posts, sorry but until I figure out how to post them all in one this is it, LMAO.

Thanks for the look.

guess it will only be 3, heres the front

and now the rear...... I remade all the emblems but the fender ones those are the ones that come on the car.

oops forgot to upload the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I like that you have quickly extinguished the argument that you only do muscle cars. You seem to do imports just as well.
I actually contacted you about a project a couple years ago but was unable to afford the estimate. Maybe someday...

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
I like that you have quickly extinguished the argument that you only do muscle cars. You seem to do imports just as well.
I actually contacted you about a project a couple years ago but was unable to afford the estimate. Maybe someday...
As a diecast retailer, we talk to people everyday who say things like "Can you make a 1977 Trans Am, light blue with custom wheels, gray fabric interior and it needs to have the 455 with the Turbo transmission?" Many peope just don't realize how much work and talent go into making a custom diecast.

I guess if we could all afford it, we'd all have whatever we wanted.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Very true! I used to do some painting at my friends custom body shop and people would come in with their crappy cars all the time wanting crazy custom work and then my buddy would give them a low estimate and they would say yeah Ill give you a call and never did. Labor and materials are super expensive, especially when its something completely custom. I asked mr. fox to basically create an entirely new car out of about 5 different cars and would also need tons of custom fabrication. It is understandable why the estimate was what it was.

Oh and I really like the 350 john! it looks very realistic and well done. Im sure I dont have to tell you the paint looks beautiful

1 - 5 of 5 Posts