DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
After two years of restraint, I finally bit the bullet and got one of these. It's made by UT in 1:18 and was offered as a dealer exclusive from BMW. It came over from the UK in a box with two styrofoam clamshells. This mean the trip over was quite safe and the doors were not at risk of breaking loose from their weakly designed hinges.

Driven by: Steve Soper (GB)/Marc Duez (B)/Jacques Laffite (F)
Result: 11th (36 laps behind the winner)

(click to see 800x530 photos)

:edit I re-shot this car this past weekend in sunlight.

G

·
Congrats Felix. It looks awesome. :cheers

I wish I didn't get into consulting or else I would have more spare change to buy rare models :lol

G

·
WOwOw !!! Nice pics Felix !!!

I am glad you finally got it after two years !! Is your wallet still crying about that ? :lol

How many UT Macs do you have for the moment ?

G

·
Very nice Felix. That is one stunning livery and it's my fave of all these ones.

BTW - :coolpics dude! :cheers :cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Thanks for all your kind words of congrats guys!

Thomas: I have 13 McLarens (two are 1/43). I think I'm pretty content with the ones I have. The only one I'll look to add is either a #33 or #34 Gulf one. I'm not in any rush to get that so I hope to get a good deal on it one day. Actually, I do have a #33 but it is missing a left mirror. I had bought it that way, thinking I might be lucky enough to find a #33 donor car for a replacement mirror.

G

·
Excelent Felix well done :nicejob , looks great, but i think UT Made a slight flaw with this car.

I recently bought a Review of the 1996 Le-Mans on video and i noticed that the bigazzi Mclarens were the only Mclarens in the race not to have those bumps on the front head-lights to accomidate larger bulbs, i guess a error on UT's part.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
To be perfetly honest, I think all of UT's F1 GTRs ride high. They look like 4x4s :lol :lol I've found a lot of their McLarens have one sort of ooops or another. The red/white #30 that's labelled as "Art Soorts" should actually read "Art Sports". UT really messed up their corporate sponsorship logo. :badidea

Thanks for your congrats Mr V.

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Man, this car looks goooooooood! Your pics help too, of course :coolpics

Now, isn't there another one taht looks about the same as this one? Time to get that one too, Felix! :giggle

G

·
Cool! Another beauty in your collection. Congrats on bagging this puppy, buddy. :cheers

Not only you have one of the best Mac collections out there (and do I even need to mention your incredible photography?), but the fact that these beauties will get pass down to SM Jr. - who loves and appreciates motorsports as much as you do - makes it even more fulfilling & satisfying to collect. :cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks for your kind words Souky. :cheers I think I like Tom's (TMD96) McLaren collection a little better. :giggle Of course, that's not to say I'm not content with what I have, because I am! :happy :happy For the moment, Jr seems to be more preoccupied by his Game Boy and Game Cube. :lol Maybe he'll get into car a little more later on.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Hey Felix, Congrats on bagging this rare Mac :eek:k

This is the livery I like, & your photos as always "Perfect" :wink

Is there also and prototype car, without numbers :confused

1 - 20 of 25 Posts