DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First: The Porsche.

I bought the this Maisto Carrera S from Sam's Club for $10. It's a great model, the scale seems to be correct. The lights attachment stubs are annoying, but with little detailing you can kinda blend those stubs.
Mods done:
- Detailed lights.
- Painted the interior 2-tone: Tan and black - got the idea from Porsche website. I'm not too crazy about the dark-brown original interior color.
- Lowered front ride height.

One more thing: I'm still a beginner when it comes to dioramas, so these pictures are not up to par with some dioramas out there, but it should compliment the model a little better than just plain background.
Critiques and suggestions are welcomed!!

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Second: The Ford Falcon.

I bought my first-ever Biante! Probably the best $45 I spent! The interior detail is awesome (you can open the glove compartment!). The engine detail is one of the best. It has working suspensions as well. Pics:

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Third: The BMW

If there's a nomination for budget-model of the year, this car wins my vote. Sure, there are no carpeting and the light attachment stubs are present, but the details on this car will pass as an AutoArt 7 years ago. The blue color compliments the body shape really well. I lowered the front ride height. Can't buy a better model for $12. Pics:

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Congratulations! The engine in the Falcon is great!

G

·
Sometimes I wish I live in a country where nice models are paid $10 and super models $45...

Cool new additions you got here !!! And nice garage !

G

·
Great models. They looks awesome in the garage diorama. May be the garage floor is a little too clean for a automobile garage :giggle

G

·
I have really been slacking on Maisto's 997's as it is not a model I was really fond of. However, seeing your pics has made me want one or two or three :giggle

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congrats on the new additions tanayast, those Maistos do look good (very good value for money!). Also great to see overseas collectors with Aussie models, glad to hear you like the Biante XR8. I can honestly say that the detail on that Falcon, particularly the engine bay, is very accurate indeed.

:cheers

Julza

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.