DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have seen several 427 Cobras out grazing at the 'Ole DX ranch this week, so I'm letting mine out to mill around with the rest of the herd. This was a kit I bought of the ERTL 427 Cobra from Too Fast, Too Furious II. Over-all, I'm fond of this model. The two things I do not like about it are the huge mounting studs for the headlights and the fact that the trunk doesn't open. I basically just did alot of detail painting, wired the engine and scratch-built the front and rear jack points. . .

G

·
usual high standard Eddie...thanks for posting.
the rear end looks good on it though seem to have it right :cheers

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
The usual great job, Eddie!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Great engine detailing! Looking at how well it turned out, I see no reason for buying a more expensive one when there's so much potential in a cheaper ERTL. Congrats on making a nice model even better!

:cheers

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Beautiful work as always, Eddie :nicejob

I wonder how the body shape stacks up against the others :confused
I think the chassis is very close to the Y/M if not identical.
Did the Ertl kit come in black? I think I may have built one :confused

I know what you mean about the headlights, they look like....nevermind :giggle

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I'd have to compare the chassis to my Yat Ming when I get home. The headlights are pretty abysmal. It's the only kit of a Cobra I've ever seen. It's said that this model is rare because the Cobra was never actually in the movie, but I don't know if that's true or not. . .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.