DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many many moons ago (about 5), Rat mentioned a local store had Maisto CLK DTMs (2002 - Vodafone) at a good price. I asked if he could scoop one up for me on SM Jr's behalf as I wasn't able to find any around town. So Rat went out of his way to buy one and shipped it to me way back in October via Canada Post.

After several weeks of waiting, it still hadn't shown up. :confused :confused We contacted the Canada Post office in our respective cities and were not able to get any info on the parcel's whereabouts. One month lead to another, 2003 became 2004 and still no CLK DTM showed up. :crying I offered to pay Rat for the car since it was I who was looking for the car in the first place. Rat declined saying the car was not all that expensive and that he felt bad that the car couldn't get to SM Jr.

Well now, there's FINALLY a happy conclusion!! So Rat, thank you very very much for your wonderful help. You are a great friend!! I think now you'll finally accept my money. :cheers :cheers :cheers

Please check your PM.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Well, all I can say is Congrats to both of you :danbanna :danbanna

SM = got the car and Rat get his $$ :giggle

So, when can we see the pic :confused

OT. Now I'd know why you guys always talk bad about Canada Post :WTF :WTF :lol

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DiecastX said:
Glad to know it worked for the best. Sounds like that DTM really has some miles on the odo now :lol

:cheers
:lol :lol Funny, that DTM and my two Viper GTS-Rs from Designs In Motion have racked up a fair bit of mileage....probably enough to make up for a Le Mans race. :giggle

·
Registered
399 Posts
You know, for Canada Post......that's not that bad of a delivery time. I once recieved a package that was sent two years before. I called to thank the sender and they had no idea what I was talking about as they had completely forgotten they even sent it :lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LUW said:
And you guys bad-mouth Canada Post...
*hmpf*
Aren't we terrible???? NOT!!! :lol

MP: Thanks for the suggestion about checking the oil. It's probably a tad black!! :scared

AM: A couple months after I thought the CLK DTM would never show up, I finally saw a Vodafone car in town....and bought that for SM Jr. I guess I now have a "back up" car. :giggle

G

·
You're most welcome Felix, I'm glad the Mercedes was finally able cross this great land of ours and find it's way to your home. It was a long journey but we have to remember that it is a big country we live in... :confused

Anytime I can help, just let me know. We just have to find a faster way to ship... oh, wait, I'll just walk it over next time... :lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rat said:
You're most welcome Felix, I'm glad the Mercedes was finally able cross this great land of ours and find it's way to your home. It was a long journey but we have to remember that it is a big country we live in... :confused

Anytime I can help, just let me know. We just have to find a faster way to ship... oh, wait, I'll just walk it over next time... :lol :lol :lol
Thanks Rat. You're da man!! :cheers :cheers As for walking the parcel over to Toronto, :lol :lol I think you would beat out all those Canada Post airplanes, sorting machines and delivery trucks! :giggle

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kurt said:
Congrats Felix! You sure have a tough time getting your models! :lol

WTG Rat for helping a fellow diecast-lover! :nicejob :nicejob
Thanks Kurt. I think it's part of the "master plan" to help me appreciate the diecasts more. :lol :lol :lol

G

·
lol 5 months to arrive!! , either canda post is very unorganised or they use a snail to carry the package :lol

nice car BTW :cheers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.