DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At the begining of last week my Minichamps D/E Porsche GT3 RSR arrived.the paintwork alone on this car is great with very good detail in all other aspects.
that was followed by kyosho Lamborghini Countach LP 500S.a very impessive model from Kyosho ,so many opening bits with great detail :nicejob
A parcel from America then arrived from Ohio courtesy of Jeff(Maxpower).
another sucessful transatlantic aquasition :nicejob
in the box were what i expected to be 3 cars..........wrong
GMP 1/12th GT 40 street car in red :yahoo car # 89 of L/E of 100. GMP are only doing 100 of each of the 6 colours.
this car is stunning,the paintwork rich and deep,usual high GMP detailing(although not as good as Exoto.....it's not very far behind)the wheel knock-ons are metal,engine detail is very good with a very good job done on the exhast mufflers and i like the way they 'blue' the exhast pipes. :hot
Kyosho #64 Ferrari Daytona comp......my second one now.again amazing attention to detail from Kyosho. :nicejob
Shelby collectables 427 Cobra. in yellow this car took me by surprise....basically a lower end diecast but with the correct body lines for this car and some detail that Kyosho leave out(the Kyosho is still a good diecast).
the stance is good the rear end...from doors back is 'spot on' making the others look more like the fatter overbodied replicas in my humble opinion.(Jeff you were right).
once i get a diggie you'll see what i mean :giggle
the other thing i noticed straight away is the the wiper arms are the other way to the kyosho....operating from right to left as you look at the car from the front.
as far as i am aware that is incorrect.but overall it's the body shape the've got right...which i suppose they should as it's a Shelby collectable.
last but not least...........an unexpected surprise, a forth model in the box...a present from Jeff, a Hummer H2 in yellow :nicejob
thanks bud.....i really appreciate that and it will sit somewhere special .
thank you :cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Prove it!
Or are we going to have to take your word?
Can you draw a picture? :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats Stevie.

They are all fantastic but why have you got two Daytona Competiziones?

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
why not Jim. :giggle
my lad will probably have it Jim, if it's not his cup of tea then i've got something worthwhile to do a swap with at some stage.
or i can have one on display downstairs and one upstairs or in the office :badidea
someone will pinch it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome haul Stevie and WTG Jeff :nicejob

My brother is drooling upon drooling over those GMP GT40 pics :tongue

But..... when are you planned to get a diggie? ( I mean really planned)

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Congrats stevie! :cheers

See, everytime I see new additions from you, I'm happy, yet sad at the same time... I'm happy because you get great models, and sad because you never have pics :lol

Well, I'm pleasantly surprised there are pics this time, even tho they're not from YOUR OWN DIGGIE! :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
very soon Bern :giggle ..........i'm off to Ireland on thursday for a week, going to see what thier prices are like.
i'll send you a pm with some pics of the GT40 off the GMP site for your brother :cheers

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Congrats Stevie, that is one great haul! :nicejob :cheers The GMP 1/12 GT40 looks really nice. I have both their MK II & MK IV and am going to get the #6 MK I as soon as I can get a decent price. But be careful, getting hooked on 1/12s makes all 1/18s look like bargains! :help

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Congratulations, Stevie - that's quite a haul. The GT40 looks amazing!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Good on ya Steve!!!! That is an amazing haul (or if I was in England, a mega haul.... :giggle )

That GT40 sounds simply amazing. Are we talking museum piece here?

Please PLEASE get a diggie. We MUST see these works of art! :lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts