DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, today I decided to try my hand at building some...buildings. lol I used blocks of wood as the base, and covered them with printed on card stock. I cut them to size and used wood glue and double sided tape to bond them to the wood. I covered every square inch of the buildings, from top to bottom. I built 3 in total. The images I found online and customized. I was trying for 1:64 (S scale), but they turned out more like HO scale. A bit smaller than I had planned. Oh well. I think they still work ok. The hobby shop I picked up at my local...hobby shop. lol I got a deal on it because there's some damage to the sign, as you can see. It's made of the quality resin stuff, not cheap cardboard. I added the light. Added a sidewalk and some cars from the period, some people, a tree, a crow, a dog sniffing a fire hydrant, and voila. lol I'm planning on adding center street lines later. I also added a light to Rob's Auto Repair.

Cloud Sky Building Car Tire
Window Light Building Public space Font
Cloud Tire Car Building Wheel
Property Building Car Wheel Architecture
Building Window Cloud Vehicle Tire
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Building Property Tire Wheel Car
Cloud Sky Window Building Urban design
Cloud Sky Building Car Tire
Window Light Building Public space Font
Cloud Tire Car Building Wheel
Property Building Car Wheel Architecture
Building Window Cloud Vehicle Tire
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Building Property Tire Wheel Car
Cloud Sky Window Building Urban design

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I replaced this shelf completely with a wider one for more space. It goes all the way to the wall. Stained the shelf, added wood on top for more surface area. And, finally, added the underlayment/subflooring which I painted charcoal gray. Added the street lines (again). I picked up a used police station from my local hobby shop. I just added the "police" and "police department" signs, made of card stock. I did add a light, you just can't see it very well. Added another cop car there as well. I also made another building from cardstock and wood, which is directly left of the police station. Added one more street light to this shelf as well.
Window Building Wood Paint Rectangle
Tire Wheel Building Car Window
Window Building Cloud Car Sky
Window Car Building Facade City

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It wouldn't be much of a police station without cops, right? They're O scale. A little bit bigger than I would have liked. Problem is, they weren't available in 1/64, and HO would have been too small. Finding people in 1/64 in general is a challenge. Most of it is custom made, and not cheap.
Cloud Window Building Dog Facade
Cloud Car Vehicle Sky Tire

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found a building at an antique store today which I think fits in pretty well downtown. Made by American Graffiti. I literally had to cut the sucker with a jigsaw to separate the building from the sidewalk and the street that they had it attached to.
Car Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts