DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built this car a couple of years ago for a diehard Pontiac friend of mine. He had pictures of a Smokey Yunik Edition Pontiac Grand Prix that he had taken at the Woodward Dream Cruise. He says that that Smokey's shop only produced 50 of these special edition cars back in 1962. I don't know that much about Pontiacs, so I am just going by what he has told me. If any of you Pontiac fans can confirm or dispute these facts, I would be interested to know. Anyway, he wanted a model of this car to add to his collection.

I started with a standard Black '62 Grand Prix made by Ertl. It had a Red interior with standard Pontiac chrome trim. I completely disassembled the car and repainted the interior semi flat Black. The engine compartment was fairly well detailed so I didn't do much with it.

I painted the Gold stripes on the side of the body and added the Gold trim on the grill, rear valence panel and wheels. The real car had black wall tires on it, so I turned the white walls inside and finally, I added the custom license plates. It's not my typical Corvette custom, but it was fun building. Hope you like it. Thanks for looking. :cheers

G

·
That's a very unique car. Do you happen to have any pictures of the 1:1? Great job on the mod! It looks great.

Mike

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Another professional job, a great final product as with all your work. That's a classy looking Pontiac!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.