DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I haven't been posting many pics lately...mine were never very good to begin with, and with nearly everyone improving theirs, mine looked even worse. Yesterday I had to go to Ottawa, so I got a couple cheap lamps at IKEA and some flourescent bulbs at Home Depot, and inspired by eddwin's design, I now have a ghetto light tent. My pics are still far from perfect, but at least I'm not ashamed of them any more. Now to start clearing up the backlog.

First of all, this is one ugly car...the styling, color, steelies with dog dishes, el cheapo interior with bench seat...it's got a face only a mother could love. Things change however, when you look under the hood and see the 426 Max Wedge - a true sleeper. Anyway, it's a typical Hwy 61, great detail for the money, a fantastic engine, carpeted interior, trunk mat, proper hinges etc. For what you can pick these up for on ebay, a great value.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Jeff! Hopefully now that I've got a good baseline to work with, I'll be able to tweak things a bit more, within the limitations of my camera.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again, Jeff! The car looks much better in a different color. When I was growing up some neighbors had a light blue one (without the big engine) and I think it looked better than the '61 Chevy sedan we had at the time.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
You're right on both counts Dave. Like I said, it looks much better in a different color...then again, for the price I paid I'm not complaining.

I'm getting quite a bit of glare as well...something to work on in the future perhaps.

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
I had a friend that had a light blue one with (I think) a 318 back in about the mid 80's. It was a real tank!
I think the model name was a 880 or something like that :confused

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
That is one ugly car, without a doubt. But one sweet engine under the hood. Great pics John. You are going to have to share with me your el cheapo light tent. I like my outside pics, but I'd like to do better inside ones as well. . . It doesn't look like I'll ever finish my scale garage box. :giggle

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Looks great John! The light tent sure makes a difference! :cheers

I agree, it sure is an ugly car, but I love mine! I got one as a part of a multi-car sale and I was not expecting much. I sure was surprised of how much detail HW61 put into them. I have been thinking of buying a spare just for the engine!

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Al! Yes, and since yours has had that wheel swap, it's not as ugly as mine! Every time I look at a Hwy 61 or Authentics, I can't help wondering how they can do it. As much (if not more) detail than AUTOart Kyosho or Minichamps at 1/2 to 2/3 the price.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Hey John, here the pic of mine. I hope you don't mind me posting it. I bought it used without a box, so the prior owner must have done the swap.

I have yet to figure out what model the wheels came from.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't mind at all, Al - yes, mine is still the Undisputed King of Got Beat With the Ugly Stick!!! The new wheels and tires and change in stance does wonders for the model.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
At least he doesn't have a ting for screws! As far as I know every Hwy 61 has those hinges, Luc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.