DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I've got really mixed feelings about this model. For a budget model, Welly did a great job capturing the look of the car, and it has some really nice features, like a spare tire (although it does have a styled mag-type wheel as opposed to a steely) in the trunk, fairly good engine compartment, a smooth, orange peel free paint job. On the other hand, they really messed up some parts of it. The antenna is way too thick, the chrome and tires are shiny and cheap looking, and some of the panel gaps are huge and poorly fitting. Overall, not a bad model for the price, with some work I'm sure it could be made to look really good (other than the poor fitting parts), but not great either.

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
I think Welly did a pretty fair job on these as well.
I have the blue one and am quite happy with it despite its isues. This in one of those cars that fit in the "I wouldn't buy the expensive vserion of it but I still like it" category for me.

The yellow looks pretty nice, congrats John.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I wish I had the blue one, I like it much better. I'm curious to see how this will look sitting next to a Hwy 61 '70 Boss, if I ever get around to buying one.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
John, Welly actually got some stuff right on this 'Stang that ERTL didn't on their '69's. The driving lights in the grill don't have that pushed-out too far lip that the ERTL's have, and the tail lights are a lot better. The wheels? Welll, they need some work. . . I can't see the engine. . . :cry

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Air - coming from you that's a real compliment!

G

·
I have to admit , Welly do make some pretty decent US stuff .

Your Mustang looks good John , and for what you get for the money I dont think there can be many complaints .
Your pics certainly make it look like its worth buying for sure .

Looks great from the rear :cheers

G

·
I had this model in red and gave it to my daughter as she collects Mustangs.

When I originally bought it, I wasn't too high on it. It wasn't till I polished it up that I noticed how nice of a model it is for the price point.

Not the greatest model but definitely worth the price of admission.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys! I think my biggest problem with it is that it could have been so much better with a bit more effort..the fact that it's basically a very good model (for a budget) makes it's downfalls that much more apparent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.