DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Awesome job man, the R looks fantastic and the 50th looks great too. Great work!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
fantastic work, a very nice and executed build

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys....it was a fun build and is one of my all time favorite builds now. Anyhow, I'm really surprised no one has actually done a 1:18 version of the R yet (I really figured Spark) would have come out with one already. Anyhow, will be interested to see if anyone does come out with one (PMA could soooo easily do it....they already have the basic mold from the GT3, though they'd have to do something to the roof, and seat molds from the 918. All they'd have to come up is a new rear engine cover/spoiler and retool the front hood mold.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, it looks great!! And the scratch-built engine lid is impressive.
Thanks guys! Engine lid could be improved upon...but happy with it for the time being. I have a reuseable mold for each part of it, so will likely attempt a couple more iterations eventually...for the time being though, she'll stay as is. My biggest disappointment though is the "911R" badge. it is P.E lettering but slightly out of scale and the "R" is not really the proper font. I have printed out decals but trying to come up with a way to mount it on the mesh is the tough part (it would essentially become invisible without something reflective underneath it...and due to the size being so small, its a tough thing to sort out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.