DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My latest addition to my 997 collection and its a nice one.
Made by Norev as a dealer addition, this Cabrio seems to be very well put together.
Think Maisto done to a better standard and a bit more paint detailing, The fit and finish looks to be a bit better than the 997 Turbo wich is also made by Norev.

Working suspension and full openings, the engine is a blob of black plastic and the blob is silver from underneath. The transmission is cast in and looks like it belongs on a toy. Same story in the front trunk, all glossy black plastic.
These cars do not seem to be made with any sort of chassis detail or engine detail although to be honest, I have yet to see a modern Porsche 911 modelled by any company that had any sort of engine detail or very much chassis detail.

The interior is made out of black, hard plastic, no carpeting or soft touch seats.
there is some paint detail but it is crying out for more.

Better than the Maisto, but not good enough to justify the price wich is quite a bit higher than what you could get the Maisto for.
This being a D/E take the price out the window as it is priced the same as a Maisto at the Porsche dealer.
And, it is cheaper to get the D/E Norev Cabrio than it is to get the regular issue Norev :confused

Attachments

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
The more I see Norev products here, on DX.....the more I'm getting interrested in those...

What is the globel quality of Norev products? From the pictures, they look like high-end Maisto...

G

·
It finally came :happy

I would definately say this is the best budget Porsche available right now . Its a very nicely done car .

Your pics are great Jeff but that last shot looks fantastic :10

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Looks good, Jeff - both the model and the pics!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Thank you for sharing the pics!

I think the outside looks like a Maisto, but the level of molding details on the interior parts exceeds Maisto from looking at those pictures. They look like Jadi level, which is a step above both Maisto and Hotwheels in the interior department if you ask me.

Good stuff! I have to check with my local dealer. This may end up on my shelf too!

:cheers

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The biggest thing is the much nicer headlights than Maisto, the windshield is made from better plastic and the casting looks to be a lot crisper than the maisto. Of Course, they probably aren't pumping out near as many as Maisto does either.

It is a definate upgrade over M for sure, its just when you compare a $9.99 Sams Club priced maisto against a $40 D/E Norev you have to question if the upgrade is worth it.
If you are buying the Maisto online for around $30 shipped, then by all means, the Norev from the dealer is well worth the higher price.

G

·
I looked at the pics yeasterday, but justread the topic contents today.

I too think the interior looks really nice - a bit busier than Maisto's.

I would give both a thumbs up in the department - but I guess the price remains the eliminator.

The paint looks much better than the 997 Turbo too :nicejob

Thanks for sharing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.