DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Hi all,

Has anyone seen this before:

http://www.chrono43.com/en.html

The builder's name, no, sorry, craftsman's name is Jean-Claude Baudier, and he builds precise 1:43 dioramas from reference photos.

His work is incredible. Click on the links on the left hand side of the page - particularly 'Creations'.

He has also released a Diorama 'How to' book: La Magie Du Diorama, with an English translation by David Waldron. It costs 48 Euros.

So if anyone wants to pool together their funds to buy the book for me, there will be no complaints here :giggle

Otherwise, just enjoy his genius!

:cheers

PS. My thanks to Jager from Biante forums for the initial heads-up on this site.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Great stuff - thanks for posting it, Anders!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
No worries Mox and Steve.

I think everyone who loves diecast cars can see the value and interst in this guy's work. His entire cross-section of the 1993 Le Mans track/pit/garage complex is something else!

I think it will appeal to anyone with an interst in dioramas - so Al will surely love it.

My one gripe is that the images do not blow up to a large enough size to truly get the quality and detail of his creations.

G

·
The book is a full colour glossy with fairly large photos. You'll have to get that book to see his dioramas in detail. It's a very interesting read with a lot of tips on diorama building.

Details are absolutely incredible.

G

·
Very nice work this person has! Its going to take a while to look at everything.

Thanks for charing this wonderful site Anders!

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
:310 ...and another talented creator! :310

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No worries everyone - I wanted to share it with fellow collectors!

Kelvin - do you actually have the book? :tongue

G

·
I searched for the book and only found it on French Amazon.com site. US Amazon .com does not have it. :badidea :confused

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Kelvin, I am so sorry. I didn't even know. I didn't mean to steal your thunder.... :cry

He is an absolute marvel.

sg207ptg - I know that Pitstop Bookshop in Perth, Western Australia can get it, as I emailed them yesterday about it. They post worldwide too, so if you prefer dealing with English speaking sites, they are it. And I can absolutely recommend them too, I have bought stacks of stuff from them over the years, and they have the best customer service I have ever seen. And no, that is not an exaggeration.

I might try and convince the Minister for War and Finance that a copy of the Diorama book would make a superb Christmas present.... :wink

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Thanks for posting that link here Anders. The fella's work are masterpieces! I'd love to see them face-to-face to truly appreciate their beauty and all the little intricate details.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Well, in my searches for outstanding automotive dioramas, I have found another diorama that is up in the same standard as Jean-Claude Baudier. Ivar (surname unknown) is from Norway, and this is his recreation of the pits of the 2003 Le Mans 24hr.

http://homepage.mac.com/ivar.line/PhotoAlbum6.html

I'm sure you'll agree that it is something special. The garages are fully lit, as are the cars.

An absolute masterpiece. :eek:mg

1 - 20 of 27 Posts