DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
34,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd show a few of my Biante's, unfortunately my collection is quite big & I don't have the space to show all of my cars, these ones remain pretty much as purchased, they've only been out of thier boxes once, I had them out for a move around so took a pic.

Boring pic I know!!

I have the other three Biantes too (Caltex, Mobil, Benson & Hedges) they're in the same condition, plus every Sierra ever produced. The DJR 1989 car is my most expensive one and my most expensive car, at the time (last year) I had few quid spare so went for it, otherwise I'd have left it.

When Biante produce more I'll get those.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Nice stuff. There's something about the Allan Moffat ANZ Sierra that I like very much
I'm thinking of getting the Dick Johnson 'Redkote' car later this year, assuming Biante's new mold is available in time.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I'm thinking of getting the Dick Johnson 'Redkote' car later this year, assuming Biante's new mold is available in time.
Really, a new one? Is it 1:18? I've seen on biante's site there is a 1:43 1988 atcc winner development approved but I want the 1:18.
[/quote]

Yep. New mold etc done by Biante in 1:18 and 1:43, and they've been hyping it up in the past as one of their best. They're supposedly meant to be released later this year, but I have my doubts. Here's a pic of the sample from the Nuremburg Convention:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Cool! I wonder if this will cause the original DJR Sierras to drop in price a little when they come out? While the new one would be great, I much prefer the original Shell livery to the one with Redkote logos on the car (from pics I have seen).

Also I think I see a Torana A9X next to it? Is there a new version of it coming out too? If its the road car, please let them put some fatter wheels on this version to fill out the guards....

·
Administrator
34,875 Posts
I'll be adding the Redkote car when it's released. I've read a bit about the new mold etc, I always check the Biante forums for any news. I'm looking forward to it, I also wish that Minichamps would get round to releasing the Senna car!

Cool! I wonder if this will cause the original DJR Sierras to drop in price a little when they come out? While the new one would be great, I much prefer the original Shell livery to the one with Redkote logos on the car (from pics I have seen).
I don't know, they're sold out now so unless they re-release them I doubt they'll drop.

It's weird how no UK cars were produced, there are so many Minichamps could have made!

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
C'mon Graig get them out of the box SHow them!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I haven't heard about the Redkote car, what kind of livery does it have? Is it only Biante that has the new mold, or Minichamps too?

I'm looking forward to the Senna car myself, there are quite a few Sierra's out there now but not by far enough of them.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I haven't heard about the Redkote car, what kind of livery does it have? Is it only Biante that has the new mold, or Minichamps too?
Just Biante. They severed ties with Minichamps last year (iirc). I suppose with that went their chance to use Minichamps' Sierra mold ever again. I think they're trying to do what AUTOart are trying to do - unnecessarily better themselves. This new Sierra is one of several supposed new molds with unrivaled detail (at the price range), including a Holden Torana LH L34, Ford Falcon XY GTHO and the Torana A9x in the picture.

I'm sure the newly released DJR Sierra's will make a dent in the market for second-hand Shell Sierra prices, but I don't think it'll be anything too drastic. Unless Biante make a similarly-liveried Sierra from the era. The one I think they may do with this in mind is the 1992 Bathurst runner-up Sierra of Johnson and Bowe (quite similar to the 1989 Bathurst Winner, apart from having a 'Shell' main decal instead of the 'Ultra High' decal, and less minor sponsors from what I remember). I personally think the Redkote car will be a nice investment because of the nice story which comes with it (something which the Aussies will like; an Aussie Ocker showing the Brits how it's done).

·
Registered
645 Posts
OMG LOL at that pink DJR Sierra!!!! That's hilarious! What inspired the colour change Road Runner? Or is that just a photoshop?

Either way, the new moulds seem like good news for latecomers to the hobby! Thanks for the info everyone

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Unless thing have altered Bainte don’t actually manufacturer models they are all made by different manufactures Kysoho, AUTOart and Minichamps. If I remember correctly Minichamps and Bainte have severed ties with each other. This is why they are usually more expensive than Kysohos or AUTOarts own products, still they do have some great models but all of them are Ozzy related. I have a number of their ATCC cars and I’m very pleased with them, I do prefer Classic Carlectables as they do make their own in China I may add. Nice models congratulations

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Unless thing have altered Bainte don't actually manufacturer models they are all made by different manufactures Kysoho, AUTOart and Minichamps. If I remember correctly Minichamps and Bainte have severed ties with each other. This is why they are usually more expensive than Kysohos or AUTOarts own products, still they do have some great models but all of them are Ozzy related. I have a number of their ATCC cars and I'm very pleased with them, I do prefer Classic Carlectables as they do make their own in China I may add. Nice models congratulations
They aren't reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally produced by AUTOart/Kyosho/so-on. They're just produced by the same plants who produce those brands. These upcoming Sierras I believe are their own creation. Classic Carlectables I believe have been given helping hands from other brands in the past. Both Aussie companies have been heavily inconsistant lately. Both with quality control and detail.

·
Registered
9,008 Posts
That's a great group, Craig! I'd love to get any one of those (although, honestly, I'll be just as happy with the cool looking Texaco cars from the other thread)

·
Administrator
34,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cheers Gavin

I'm a HUGE Ford fan so had to get them all, I love them

·
Registered
1,221 Posts

·
Administrator
34,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've just had a look at that, the normal car is limited to 500 - then there's a signed one for £30 more, but no mention of limited numbers

Imo the price is a lot from them (I won't be touching them for it) hopefully CK gets hold of them, they're about twice the price of the normal ones, that had better be a really improved mold.

Then we have Autoart bringing out a few later on this year.....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts