DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got in a couple R8s, one iScale and the other a Maisto, for some mods. I have to say I'm impressed by the iScale for the price, it's feels great and the details are exceptional for a $50 model

The silver Maisto got disassembled for a repaint, wheels and some other body pieces. They really make these things very easy to take apart and put back together now

The Spyder I liked in red and was nice enough on it's own that all I felt it needed was a set of wheels and some lowering. It got some BBS RS II from Uli

Stay tuned! The coupe is going to get a new color scheme soon!

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Agreed about the ease of dissemble Maisto models, fewer parts count and pretty much most major parts are held together by screws and not riveted in or glued shut.

I got myself the new R8 made by Welly not long ago. I missed the iScale sale so settled on the cheap Welly. Good thing about Welly one is that it comes with full windows. Hopefully Maisto and Bburago will start giving full window treatment to all their future models.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed about the ease of dissemble Maisto models, fewer parts count and pretty much most major parts are held together by screws and not riveted in or glued shut.

I got myself the new R8 made by Welly not long ago. I missed the iScale sale so settled on the cheap Welly. Good thing about Welly one is that it comes with full windows. Hopefully Maisto and Bburago will start giving full window treatment to all their future models.
Definitely a nice change from older Maistos. I only saw the Welly R8 after grabbing the Maisto pretty cheap or I'd have gone for the Welly. Full windows is definitely a nice to have. I snagged up the iScale R8 Spyder for only $50 which I thought was an amazing price for the quality. Only after I got it did I look up their other models to see them going for $120-200

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First color coat for the coupe with BMW Daytona Violet. I know, not an Audi color but I had a can made up for an F80 and figured it would look good haha

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Clear on and brought outside. Still needs polishing but I'll give it a couple days [MEDIA=flickr]8[/MEDIA]

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49683357456_bd1daa6865_o.jpg

The 'crease' in the hood is just the roof of the lightbox

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I made front lips and skirt extensions for the R8's. The spyder used a new carbon decal that I just wasn't happy with in the long run. For the coupe I found some old Scale Motorsports carbon decals and made it work. Waiting on a 10 wheel shipment from Uli to finish off the coupe

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally got in a wheel shipment so I was able to finish up the R8 coupe. I went with some 3SDM wheels as they were a bit different than what I usually use. I think it came out pretty good

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
It does look quite saucy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts